Gimble & SD card problems

Reaction score
My new Phantom 4 camera gimble will not lock into home position unless I hand-place the gimble. Also my SD card will not lock-in. Have any suggestions how to fix?

Sounds like a software problem but I would wait for a few more responses. Have you downloaded the latest firmware? And welcome to the forum. A lot of smart guys around here.

Also on the SD someone else had a problem with their SD a couple of weeks ago. Like I said hang in there someone should come up with a solution.

The microSD card needs to go into the socket with the gold pins up. If you insert it with the label up you can damage the catch. It does seem backwards, but that's the way they did it. Fwiw, I broke my older phone's microSD jack by putting the thing in upside down. They didn't warranty it either (Customer abuse.) and the store sent it in for it to be fixed after only one week of ownership. Small things are too fragile, imho. Maybe some sort of markings to identify which way in would help too.

As to the gimbal centering while it is turned on, a lot of that depends on how well your IMU cal. went, and they've also added some gimbal calibrations to the newer GO program. Mine sometimes has a tilt to the horizon if I brake hard and yaw it quickly. I just use the C2 and right roller wheel to level it again, and the software has some adjustments for it too during editing so I don't get overly excited there.

I, in all my wisdom put my card in upside down and it did get stuck. I eventually had to take the back of the camera off and very carefully push the card out......nut fun...I just didn't take my time and read...I was lucky there was no damage.

My new Phantom 4 camera gimble will not lock into home position unless I hand-place the gimble. Also my SD card will not lock-in. Have any suggestions how to fix?
Thank you all so much for your replies. I am going to enjoy this forum. I tried the finger-nail method with no results. I have cameras and know how fragile these cards are. I have contacted DJI Tech Support. Waiting for an answer. I can live with the gimbal issue since its an easy fix.

Jim, a small pair of tweezers might help. Also you can take the back off but do it carefully and take your time. Then you can access the card slot. That will give you enough room on top of the SD card to remove it. There are some good utube videos out there on this subject, just do a search.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan