Gimble overload in flight help?

Reaction score
Hi guys help please if you can with some suggestions.

I flew on two batteries today just over a Dam and got some warnings on both.

After first flight I reset the Gimble and on the second flight it did the same .

Here's the link to the video as you can see in mid flight the Gimble/ camera goes shaky this is the same time I get the warning. Link below

Any suggestions ?

I have a protective Gimble back plate on as you can see in the pic.

Doesn't do this all them time just when flying full throttle could that be something to do with it ?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439746050.982737.jpg

Check the clearance and play on the gimbal arm at the front of the gimbal protector plate. Sounds like wind resistance may be pushing on the gimbal arm and maybe binding on the gimbal protector plate. The clearance on mine looks less than a mm so it wouldn't take much for it do drag if there was any slop in it.

Check the clearance and play on the gimbal arm at the front of the gimbal protector plate. Sounds like wind resistance may be pushing on the gimbal arm and maybe binding on the gimbal protector plate. The clearance on mine looks less than a mm so it wouldn't take much for it do drag if there was any slop in it.

So would you suggest tightening it up ?

So would you suggest tightening it up ?
I don't know if there is a tightening adjustment on that arm--- maybe one of the other chaps here could chime in.. Your protector is a different brand than mine--although the same principal-- so I don't know what the clearances are on yours and what the material is that faces the gimbal arm. You may have to remove yours if it is dragging and try to shave a tiny bit of the surface off of the tab facing the gimbal arm to create enough clearance to keep it from binding if that is what is dragging and causing the error. Attach some close ups of that installation so we can get a good look at the installation and the clearance on the tab and I will try to help further.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub