Gimble lock left in, won't start just beeps

Reaction score
I forgot the gimbel lock and turned on my unit, now it only beeps on power up. what can I do???

Just tried to re-install firmware, it worked. But the problem was not the gimble lock, I used a sd card that had the firmware upgrade on it still and it tried to install and goofed up... back to normal now...Thank you for your time..oh first flight.

Just tried to re-install firmware, it worked. But the problem was not the gimble lock, I used a sd card that had the firmware upgrade on it still and it tried to install and goofed up... back to normal now...Thank you for your time..oh first flight.
Glad you worked it out successfully.
I have to ask, what in the world happened between 4:30 and 4:35 in the clip???? Were you in FPV mode perhaps?

I have to ask, what in the world happened between 4:30 and 4:35 in the clip???? Were you in FPV mode perhaps?
Probably had the RC1 custom button set to toggle between FPV and Follow Me, and accidentally pressed it. Easy to do!:oops:

Last edited:
I do not know... I have a lot to learn... first phantom, do have an AEE-10 also... a feww things on youtube under sandw500mag mo

Most people (not all) leave the latest firmware on their sd card, that way any batteries not updated will get the latest.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Most people (not all) leave the latest firmware on their sd card, that way any batteries not updated will get the latest.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The easiest thing to do, is cycle all the batteries after the update on the controller and Phantom are completed and then remove the bin file-- instead of waiting until you go out to fly IMO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4