Gimble going limp.

Nope. Im going to try to update the firmware. I tried last week to no avail. Ill pick up another microSD card and ... maybe get a blue sd card like else ware on the forum suggested for limpness ;)

I was told that updating the firmware might do it. So far I am not able to get the .bin file to update the phantom 3 pro properly. Added .bin to the microSD card in root. inserted it to the drone gamble. Booted it up. I don't see any lights or hear any beeps telling me it's working. Do I just wait 30 min to hear the beeps or do I have some indication that the firmware is in progress?

A note in the PDF states that the update requires the DJI app to have an internet connection. I thought I was to disconnect the flight controller? And with that the phone is not connected. So that does not make sense.

Im not getting the camera lights to flash anything.

10) Watch the camera status light to monitor the installation process. It should do the following:
  • Flash green while your Phantom is starting up.
  • Alternate between red and green while the firmware update is being installed.
  • Turn solid green when the firmware update successfully completes. You will also hear a D-DD beeping sound that repeats.

What do you see in the TXT file in the root of your memory card?

If you don't see a TXT file, then the BIN is not in the root of your memory card. If it's there, it could be the wrong BIN or named incorrectly. If you're not sure what's wrong, snap a screenshot of the root contents and post it here.

Maybe your Phantom still think it's a P3A. Did you ever successfully install the P3P firmware after installing the 4K camera on your P3A?

that could be. I did upgrade the drone on the last repair. Went from phantom 3 advanced to phantom 3 professional. I would only assume that was done at the shop in Cali

Try using the P3A firmware and see if the TXT file appears in the root of your memory card.

I am trying to update firmware now w/ the advanced version. Not getting the lights to flash above the camera.... Which makes me think there is another problem. Camera limp tho it boots the gimbal sequence what seams to be okay. Then if you touch the camera it dangles like a participial.

In some of the directions I read it seemd there was a monitor that one can follow and even mentioned to use the latest DJI app. But I was under the impression that you don't use the App or phone or controller when updating firmware.

Last edited:
Went through the same issue with a coworkers P3P, got the Black Screen with DJI logo in center of screen. DJI Support said generate a ticket and send it in for repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl