gimble camera cable on ebay

ZERO FEEDBACK
No real pictures.

I bought one and put it in last night and it started on fire I don't know if I did something wrong or it was defective

Fire? Really? I almost blew $85 myself..: glad I didn't. Any further damage?

Those are NOT DJI ribbon cables, they are definitely aftermarket. I would wait until someone has successfully installed one.

Very good customer service they are having me send the camera and installing a new one for $25

Bombular said:
Very good customer service they are having me send the camera and installing a new one for $25
That is good to hear, you will have to let us know how it turns out and how quick you get it back.

They had me take a couple more pictures and said it should take 1 day to repair. I think you could message them and ask them if they do installations

Bombular said:

Who is ?

Bombular said:
Hm, mine has been at the local DJI authorized repair facility for almost 4 weeks. Finding info for the repair status is non existent. When you send in a product that cost well over $1,000 it sure would be nice if they issued a repair id# and a webpage to track it's status. Canon USA does that. So I'm sure DJI could. The quads random loss of control is dangerous, the separating gimbal and torn ribbon issue and poor turnaround time for repair has been a real turn off for me. I'm not sure about purchasing another DJI product until I my PV2+ comes back with a functioning, reliable controller and a gimbal that has corrected the faulty separating gimbal defect.

I found the website for the $85 ribbons. They are at http://www.atkdrones.com . Sounds like they may install their cable for $99 if you send in the camera. Has anyone contacted them for this service?

Thanks for posting that link. I have to drive through Salt Lake City in another month. I've got a messed up camera/gimbal with a broken ribbon. I bought a whole new camera/gimbal but I wouldn't mind getting the old one fixed up and keep it as a spare (hope it doesn't light up on fire!)

I see they say they have a replacement ribbon repair service "coming soon".

http://atkdrones.com/products/phantom-2 ... le-service

I'll give them a call and maybe drop this one off on my way through.

rbhamilton said:
Thanks for posting that link. I have to drive through Salt Lake City in another month. I've got a messed up camera/gimbal with a broken ribbon. I bought a whole new camera/gimbal but I wouldn't mind getting the old one fixed up and keep it as a spare (hope it doesn't light up on fire!)

I see they say they have a replacement ribbon repair service "coming soon".

http://atkdrones.com/products/phantom-2 ... le-service

I'll give them a call and maybe drop this one off on my way through.
You should be fine I installed wrong by not double checking the way the cable connected to the center circuit board

Hello,

This account was started by ATKdrones.com to answer unresolved questions and concerns.

YES! we are real and this cable is REAL! We have spend ALOT! of time and money in design/development and testing. Anyone that works in the engineering and manufacturing fields knows that producing a flex cable with such tight specifications is no easy task. ATKdrones has 37+ years experiene combined in electrical engineering and electronic manufacturing.

Anyone that has taken a P2V+ gimbal apart knows that it is not easy. You must PAY ATTENTION! to how the flex cable is routed and how the flex cable plugs into each connector. Installing this cable wrong, will result in serious damage to the gimbal. These gimbals are fragile and sensitive pieces of equipment.

The replacement of this cable should be preformed by a technical person with experience in working with electronic equipment and flex ribbon cables.

Here is an example of a ribbon cable that was installed incorrectly, we realize that mistakes can happen to anyone, but when it does, significant damage can occur, in this case the main board was also damaged from the short caused by the incorrect flex ribbon cable installation shown by the red circled capacitors. Please don't try to hold ATKdrones responsible for user errors.

We are working on a Gimbal service option. We will be releasing more info soon.

Thank you,-
[email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_1422_02.jpg
    IMG_1422_02.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 571
  • 20140913_203900_resized_installed_wrong_02.jpg
    20140913_203900_resized_installed_wrong_02.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 647
ATKdrones said:
Hello,

This account was started by ATKdrones.com to answer unresolved questions and concerns.

YES! we are real and this cable is REAL! We have spend ALOT! of time and money in design/development and testing. Anyone that works in the engineering and manufacturing fields knows that producing a flex cable with such tight specifications is no easy task. ATKdrones has 37+ years experiene combined in electrical engineering and electronic manufacturing.

Anyone that has taken a P2V+ gimbal apart knows that it is not easy. You must PAY ATTENTION! to how the flex cable is routed and how the flex cable plugs into each connector. Installing this cable wrong, will result in serious damage to the gimbal. These gimbals are fragile and sensitive pieces of equipment.

The replacement of this cable should be preformed by a technical person with experience in working with electronic equipment and flex ribbon cables.

Here is an example of a ribbon cable that was installed incorrectly, we realize that mistakes can happen to anyone, but when it does, significant damage can occur, in this case the main board was also damaged from the short caused by the incorrect flex ribbon cable installation shown by the red circled capacitors. Please don't try to hold ATKdrones responsible for user errors.

We are working on a Gimbal service option. We will be releasing more info soon.

Thank you,-
[email protected]

Atkdrones

Thanks for providing this great information. Do you also provide customers who purchase your cable any instructions on the best procedure for installing the ribbon? Better yet, could you post some pictures or instructions here on the forum. I am sure you will be busy once they have heard about your service!!

RB

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31