Gimble Cable too short

Reaction score
I own a phantom 2. I recently installed FVP and bought the hub to make the install easier.

I'd like to have a super clean install by burying the hub inside the body, but the gimble cable to the hub is too short. does anyone know where i could get an extension cable for this?

Alternatively, I was thinking about cutting it half and splicing in the needed length, but Im concerned about interference. Does anyone know were I could just buy the connectors and I can make up my own cable?

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• SmallGimbleCable.png
    SmallGimbleCable.png
    448.3 KB · Views: 484
What happened to the long cable that comes out of the P2 into the Gimbal?

You could also do away with the FPV completely by using one of these if you have an ImmersionRC VTX...

ImmersionRC-Video-IOSD-Cable-500x500.jpg

One end plugs into the CAM port inside the P2, the other into your iOSD Mini and then the power cables into the ImmersionRC VTX.

Super neat and tidy!

ya you should have a longer 8 pin cable that orignally stuck out from the bottom of the p2. But if you dont have it. You can buy a new p2 cable pack for about 8 bucks that has the longer 8pin cable. an new compass cable and also a new cam bus cable.
Tho it sucks they dont just sell the 8 pin one by its self or put one in the gimbals accessory pack.

Hobby Mounts said:
What happened to the long cable that comes out of the P2 into the Gimbal?

You could also do away with the FPV completely by using one of these if you have an ImmersionRC VTX...

ImmersionRC-Video-IOSD-Cable-500x500.jpg

One end plugs into the CAM port inside the P2, the other into your iOSD Mini and then the power cables into the ImmersionRC VTX.

Super neat and tidy!

The long cable coming out of the P2 is still intact, but the connector end is not compatible with the FPV hub. I could bypass the hub complete by just soldering some other cables, etc. It was just nice and clean to connect all into that little board.

You solution looks good but I don't have the splitter cable for the iOSD.

It seems the AVL58/IOSD/DJI hub was intended to be installed externally for ease of plug and play. And It sucks that the cable you are after only comes in 1 length. I gave up the clean install route and plugged it all externally. If you want a clean install, you will need to look at the soldering method and throw away the hub.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl