Gimble acting funny, but not always.

Reaction score
My gimble works perfectly fine most of the time, but recently about half of the time it goes up and downs and acts like it's obstructed.

It's different than the weird issues I've seen here where all the motors seem to go crazy. It's just up and down. I turn it off and on and sometimes it fixes it and it works fine until I power cycle again.

Any ideas?

If I had a penny for all of the issues with these gimbals I would be rich...

The V+ gimble is a touchy cranky thing and nowhere as resilient as it should be.

Many people have posted how to take it apart, adjust it, so on and so forth.

I myself have a gimbal that vibrates/resonates from its own electronics and stutters every so often and produces jello effects from time to time... I have changed mounts, cleaned the axis areas, etc etc...

One person on the forum is working on basically making his V+ a straight Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal which, from what I understand, works much better.

I recently ran across a company called Dronexpert.NL working on an interchangeable gimbal rail system that utilizes the original V+ hardware, i.e. wifi, downlink for FPV, etc... it allows you to use the stock gimbal and camera, the H3-3D gimbal with different camera like GoPro, and even a setup for a small DSLR.

The cool part is all you have to do is slide off the one on the bird and and slide on the one you want to use.

The vids are on YouTube and they seem to be about 5 weeks out from a release date and pricing.

I hope this gives you some hope, I know it made me feel better knowing a fix is coming with options.

Also search out gimbal issues on YouTube for the V+ and on the forums...

Jason

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl