Gimbel Issue?

Reaction score
OK I have had no hard landings or crashes. I may have inadvertently turned on the unit while the Gimbel lock was on 1 time, but removed it seconds later. I ran all the software IMU calibrations & updated everything, invld the Tx snd Drone. Everything else on the Phantom Operates as it should...
★ I did install a "aluminum ribbon protection" piece that others have used without a problem. The gimbel has smooth movements, but it will not initiate like it did when I first bought it,(the small movements the Gimbel used to make when 1st turned on) and I can't move the camera using the phone wifi Controller. It has never done the "Crazy Dance" I have read about??
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Moose

Re: Gimbel Issue FIXED READ THIS!!

OK I spent all day trouble shooting this issue! I had a hint when I also got a SD Card error, & it would not record anything....
I put in a new 32 SD card and it works PERFECT NOW!!!
So keep that in mind for your Trouble Shooting Notes!!!

Whew I was a UPS delivery away from sending to get worked on!!!
M

Moose said:
OK I have had no hard landings or crashes. I may have inadvertently turned on the unit while the Gimbel lock was on 1 time, but removed it seconds later. I ran all the software IMU calibrations & updated everything, invld the Tx snd Drone. Everything else on the Phantom Operates as it should...
★ I did install a "aluminum ribbon protection" piece that others have used without a problem. The gimbel has smooth movements, but it will not initiate like it did when I first bought it,(the small movements the Gimbel used to make when 1st turned on) and I can't move the camera using the phone wifi Controller. It has never done the "Crazy Dance" I have read about??
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Moose

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved. I'm having a somewhat similar problem, so I thought I'd post it in this thread. No crashes or hard landings, but I admit to leaving the gimbal clamp in place several times before starting. It always worked fine until I did this.....I didn't realize the lens cap was still on and flew it for about 90 seconds before realizing it. I landed it immediately, turned everything off, removed the clamp, restarted it and the gimbal was no longer working properly. There's a little movement in the camera when I move the sticks, and it raises and lowers fine using the vision app. Just when moving the phantom, the camera swings. No wild gyrations, but definitely not working properly. Does anyone know if flying it with the lens cap on for 1.5 minutes would be enough to damage the gimbal? I've run all the calibrations and updates to no avail. I've only flown it 12 times. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31