Gimbel control from Transmitter

Reaction score
I like the idea of controlling the gimbel using channel 7 directly from the transmitter. I also like the mod adding the 5K linear pot to a handy spot on the front of the transmitter (topic elsewhere in PhantomPilots). This way, I won't have to play with the small software slider in the app.

I confirmed last night that if I use a screwdriver to turn the stock pot on the back of the transmitter, it DOES tilt the gimbel on my V+ through the full 90 degrees of motion.

My question: Is there a reason why I should NOT make this mod?

Thanks in advance, everyone, for your expertise!

Frank.

*raises eyebrow and eagerly awaits answers *

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

FrankPA said:
I like the idea of controlling the gimbel using channel 7 directly from the transmitter. I also like the mod adding the 5K linear pot to a handy spot on the front of the transmitter (topic elsewhere in PhantomPilots). This way, I won't have to play with the small software slider in the app.

I confirmed last night that if I use a screwdriver to turn the stock pot on the back of the transmitter, it DOES tilt the gimbel on my V+ through the full 90 degrees of motion.

My question: Is there a reason why I should NOT make this mod?

Thanks in advance, everyone, for your expertise!

Frank.
Did you have to do the hack to make the gimbal move with channel 7 ? I had to do it with my pv2.

Mori55 said:
Did you have to do the hack to make the gimbal move with channel 7 ? I had to do it with my pv2.

No hack, just turned the screw to see if it would work and it did...

FrankPA said:
Mori55 said:

This is great news, have a kit waiting to be installed as soon as the + arrives here. (probably Monday) :)

Is their anyway to calibrate it ? Or doesn't need it ? I was wondering if anyone has used naza mode ?

FrankPA said:
Mori55 said:

So you're saying it comes out of the box with that already enabled? If so, what happens on the app when you operate that channel? Does it follow along?

That's too cool. How do I get a lever and install?

FrankPA said:
Mori55 said:

But does it work while the app is in camera view? I've seen elsewhere that its either one or the other on P2V+ not both at the same time unless you down grade the software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1