Gimbel clip falls out so easy.

Reaction score
That plastic piece you slide onto the camera and gimbel to keep it from slopping around during travel. Every time I put it on, if I even just pick the P3P up, it slides and falls off. Is it supposed to be that loose? Is there supposed to be a clicking noise when sliding it on to know its in the whole way? I can't put it on there and expect to take it anywhere without it falling off.

On top of that, how bad is it to ride in a car without that piece on to stop it from moving? Will that cause major problems or am I being paranoid about it. Just trying to care for it as much as possible. Thanks.

It should not be easy to remove if you install it properly. Do it like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Fares
That plastic piece you slide onto the camera and gimbel to keep it from slopping around during travel. Every time I put it on, if I even just pick the P3P up, it slides and falls off. Is it supposed to be that loose? Is there supposed to be a clicking noise when sliding it on to know its in the whole way? I can't put it on there and expect to take it anywhere without it falling off.

On top of that, how bad is it to ride in a car without that piece on to stop it from moving? Will that cause major problems or am I being paranoid about it. Just trying to care for it as much as possible. Thanks.
When you put it on, tilt I over and let it rest on its two right arms.. You can then see the notch in the gimbal mount where the small rectangular peg fits in to the slot. Just make sure you get the peg seated in the slot and it will not come off. Took me a while to figure this out-- but it is not really an issue if the peg is seated in that slot.

Reactions: timmer
When you put it on, tilt I over and let it rest on its two right arms.. You can then see the notch in the gimbal mount where the small rectangular peg fits in to the slot. Just make sure you get the peg seated in the slot and it will not come off. Took me a while to figure this out-- but it is not really an issue if the peg is seated in that slot.

Bingo!

This is what I do.

Or put pick and pluck around it makes more stable in the case for airline flights and clamp never comes off now that I use it. Use it on all three of my Phantoms

IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG
rsz_img_0672.jpg

Thanks everyone. I got it working once I figured out there is an actual slot in the gimbel itself. Holds a lot steadier but a pain to get it back out. At least I know it will be sturdy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic