Gimbals, why don't they.....

Reaction score
I don't understand why all the Gimbal producers only make Gimbals that only fits one Camera???
Why don't someone make one with a standard camera mount, all the functions are the same, that would be so easy, and they could sell so many more.
But ok Im sure there must be someone out there there are clever enough and can see the idea, so I guess and hope we will see it within a year.

It is difficult to set them up in the software and depends also what kind of battery you are using.

More detailed:

The gimbal has to know how much power it needs to stay level and how much power it needs to correct the movement from the drone.
You can change this with the PID settings because the gimbal doesn´t know its weight but if you have a gimbal for a specific camera, then you don´t have to change this because they already did that for you (Zenmuse, Tarot etc. etc..)

Another thing is that there are different kind of motors. A slr camera needs a bigger motor then a Gopro.

Sooner or later this will be an automatic process.

Yes I can see what you are saying.

But as you are writing it would be possible to set in the PID. Most people only have one camera they want to use, so adjust the PID/Gimbal once and ready to fly :cool:
Of course the motor have to be powerful enough, but again not a problem, the manufacturer can just sell them with specification for how much weight they can handle.
Of course that can be done :roll: :D

well there aren't many camera's out that areas small and light as the GoPro., which dominates the industry.

there are indeed some other larger gimbals out there that work with larger cameras, as well as a variety of cameras.
tho not every camera has it's mounting position in the same place.

the other problem with gimbals is that they also require the camera to be perfectly balanced as well.

Gizmo3000 said:
well there aren't many camera's out that areas small and light as the GoPro., which dominates the industry.

there are indeed some other larger gimbals out there that work with larger cameras, as well as a variety of cameras.
tho not every camera has it's mounting position in the same place.

the other problem with gimbals is that they also require the camera to be perfectly balanced as well.

Maybe not as small as the GoPro, but are a lot of smaller cameras The Phantom can lift without problems. And it seem like the tendency are, that all the Camera brand are making them now.
About the balance, a lot of camera mounts on tripods have a (sorry I don't know the english word) possibility to move the camera on the mounting plate.
Again I'm sure and I hope we will see it in the future.

If you want to use another camera, then F450 Naza frame will work for you with Naza V2. You can mod everything you like with Alexmos board or another brushless gimbal controller and you can add a FPV system.

It is not plug and play like the PV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj