Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimball Guard......first flight

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Travis(IdahoPhantomPilot), May 9, 2015.

1. Travis(IdahoPhantomPilot)

Hey guys,

First flight was amazing! I'll post some videos and pictures later. I could not be happier.

Well, maybe that's a lie. What's up with that flimsy gimball guard?? I stick it on and every time i get to my location it's off again. Is everyone else experiencing the same thing?

2. edonovanl

make sure you slide it in far enough...

3. blade strike

There is a tab on the gimbal lock and a slot on the gimbal. Tab must go into slot....;)

4. Travis(IdahoPhantomPilot)

Well, I feel dumb....wasn't sliding it in all the way. Good to go now. Thanks

5. F6Rider

Don't feel dumb, you are not the 1st, and won't be the last as the manual is not clear on this part.

6. Bluesmaster

The manual is sketchy on quite a few things, lol! I've learned more from internet forums than from reading the manual, and I did read the whole thing.

F6Rider likes this.
  7. Phantom751874

Also note it doesn't rally go in all the way, the clear-ish DJi gimbal guard that came with your P3. It's enough to stabilize the gimbal though. Make sure your not pressing in on the gimbal from the opposite direction to get it on. Press in on the bottom part of the gimbal mount gently. I find it easiest to line up the camera in the guard as I am putting it on then line up the notched part of the guard with the slotted part of the gimbal mount and gently push in while supporting the opposite site with pressure at the bottom of the gimbal mount.