Gimbal

Reaction score
Hello. I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Phantom V1.1.1 with a chineese gimbal, using a Gopro Hero 3+. I do not have any pitch (tilt) on the gimbal. I have enabled the gimbal switch in the Naza software, installed the signal wire to the bottom of the F2 port on the Naza board, and the other end of the signal wire to the top pin (pitch) on the gimbal. The gimbal stays steady and level, but I do not have any tilt. I bought another gimbal thinking this was the problem, but when it arrived and I installed it, this gimbal is the same - no tilt. I am getting very frustrated.
Your help is very much appreciated, please email me on

[email protected]

cheers
John

When you run Naza Assistant, do you see the X2? control move when you move the gimbal lever? (Did you calibrate X2?)

Also, if you have a spare servo sitting around, you can plug that into F2 to verify that the signal is getting there.

Finally, did you run the GUI software for the gimbal controller itself to make sure RC pitch is enabled?

No, but I calibrated the X1, and this moves when I move the lever on the bottom of the RC. did not think to use the GUI for the gimbal itself, as this gimbal is a chineese one, and people tell me that if I attempt to run any GUI with this board, I will completely damage the board, as it is a knock-off of the Simple BGC Board.

I would not put much stock in rumors like that. To set up the gimbal, you need to run the appropriate software for it. If it's a SimpleBGC gimbal, run the SimpleBGC setup program.
I had to do this for the Chinese gimbal that I got, since the sensor mounting didn't match the default.

You can run the gui software on the knock off simple BGC boards BUT DO NOT DARE to try and update the firmware with the real BGC firmware or it will brick them.

Is there two wires going from the gimbal to the Naza?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers