Gimbal/yaw issue

Reaction score
i have a phantom 3 pro im pretty sure my gimbal use to yaw left and right. ever since i crashed the other day my gimbal came off and slid across my driveway. i thought all was well until earlier i notice it wasnt yaw'ing left and right with the right stick anymore. there are 3 cables on the gimabl. can anyone confirm what cables have to be plugged in for it to yaw left and right. im trying to figure out what part i need. thanks

Last edited:
its the motor on the very top of the gimbal im having issues with. my wires got pinched on somthing and i dont know if the gimbal or the board inside the drone is bad

It needs all 3 cables for the gimbal and video to work. Black ribbon cable goes to the cam and gimbal. 2 grey wires go to the module and to the main board.

Check your yaw arm to see if its bent. By the way, your cam shouldnt yaw with the right stick, it will yaw with the left stick.

Better to post some pics up here to make things easier to diagnose.

Alot of times the cam will jam upwards upon impact into the gimbal base. That will stop yaw movement and can overload your gimbal board and yaw motor and circuit board. Sometimes its as easy as unscrewing the grub screw at the top of the yaw arm, pulling the yaw arm back down a little bit, then screwing it in again. Check for bent yaw arm.

i had it apart a few times. everything else works perfectly except for the yaw motor. no response from it what so ever.

i check all the wires with my meter. im afraid somthing shorted out. i wonder what is was.. i can see any damage at all on the circuits. where can i get just the gimbals circuit board?

i attached a photo of the cable i suspected to short out but its the only damage i can see beside a few very very minor scratches. its hard to believe.

Attachments

• 20170126_003615.jpg
    20170126_003615.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
what does that smaller grey cable that plugs into the ofdm board do? can someone unplug theirs and still see if it yaws?maybe even read the first 4 wires on bigger wire and see what the voltage if any is on them? thanks

i have a phantom 3 pro im pretty sure my gimbal use to yaw left and right. ever since i crashed the other day my gimbal came off and slid across my driveway. i thought all was well until earlier i notice it wasnt yaw'ing left and right with the right stick anymore. there are 3 cables on the gimabl. can anyone confirm what cables have to be plugged in for it to yaw left and right. im trying to figure out what part i need. thanks
The gimbal only has a tiny amount of yaw movement when you use the left stick...this is designed to smooth out your video when you turn. If you're expecting it to yaw from side to side, ...it doesn't!

What rocky dog said. Have you tried to do a gimbal calibration? That should quickly tell you if something is wrong.

Yea i checked the cables. Somthing shorted or broke when it fell. I know it only has a tiny amount of yaw. The camera freaks out and the calibration fails. I need a circuit board from a gimbal..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.