Gimbal won't set up

Reaction score
Hit some trees branches at low speed. Phantom 3 Advance fell into some high grass/brush. When we try and turn it on the camera gimbal won't initialize (it keeps trying though). We're a small, east coast solar company without a lot of money so hoping to get some advice and fix ourselves. Any ideas? Tks.

When we try and turn it on the camera gimbal won't initialize (it keeps trying though).
What exactly does it do? Please post a video if you think that'll be easier than explaining.

Does the camera and/or gimbal appear to be damaged? If so, please post detailed photos.

What exactly does it do? Please post a video if you think that'll be easier than explaining.

Does the camera and/or gimbal appear to be damaged? If so, please post detailed photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 327
I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to get a video loaded, but I managed to post a 16 second clip to YouTube at

We assume that no repairs have been made.
Have you inspected the black ribbon cable from top to bottom for any sign of damage?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

I don't see any marks on it or obvious tears. Unfortunately, the way it's constructed (the Advance), every time the gimbal swings wildly to the side the ribbon bumps up against the housing. Because of that I tried to get a good look at the spot it touches and can't see any damage. BTW, thanks for taking the time to try and help. There have been no repairs attempted. Since I'm a very small startup solar company, I'm hoping I can fix it myself.

Check if these two connections are firmly inserted all the way.
Capture.PNG

Check if this screw is correctly tight. There is a flat part on the shaft where it should sit.
Capture.PNG

Check the gimbal when it is powered down, it should be free to move on any of the 3 axis.

There could be also internal damage to the gimbal, by example potentiometer sensor used to measure position. This is more delicate to repair.

The cables seem secure. What kind of tool should I use when messing with them; I don't want to be too rough. The gimbal moves easily and the screw seemed correctly positioned. I need to get a tool to check it, but it's so small it's difficult to see if it is a hex or just a really small x-tip. Do you know, offhand. Going to find a magnifying glass too I think.

I use a hex 1.5 mm screwdriver.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl