Gimbal wacko out of the box....

Reaction score
So finally got round to getting the P3S going today and after getting batteries all up to full on controller and drone was ready for the initial startup.

Needed new firmware and got that done - although when starting the drone (first time) the gimbal is wacking side to side up and down and keeps on doing this and does not settle to central position. get the gimbal motor overload warning and thats pretty much it.

Drone never flown - in fact don't think motors have even run yet - and this thing is basically a brick right now.

Ive searched on line about this and many have had this issue after a wipeout or some damage so pretty bummed to have this issue on first startup.

All screws and grub screws tight etc ... some basic checks as suggested on web done but not joy.

Have an email into DJI now but thats Monday before they come back at the earliest. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Did you update the firmware on the drone and on the transmitter? Calibrate the transmitter? Calibrate the IMU? Calibrate the gimble?

IMU done and tried to calibrate gimble but when its flapping around it fails. It seems to upgrade the firmware you use DJI GO app and this does both the controller and the drone (1.7.0090).

Calibrated the transmitter (I assume you mean the joy stick motions).

The gimble was going nuts the first time I turned the drone on - even before the firmware upgrade.

So calibrated compass etc etc .. and was able to fly the drone ... very easy to fly and very stable - awesome....

Gimbal still does its dance however and it just goes wacko - mostly hits stops in side to side action and camera keeps whipping around. So no FPV flying and obviously no recording, although camera imaging works just fine.

Get it exchanged, stop messing with it. The more you mess, the more blame they can try and apportion.

Wait... Did you remove the foam at the back if the gimble? It's an easy thing to miss

Neon Euc

1482206834906.png

Did you remove this?

Neon Euc

Wait... Did you remove the foam at the back if the gimble? It's an easy thing to miss

Neon Euc

P3S usually does not have the Foam piece - only the plastic gimbal guard.

Your picture shows an Advanced or Pro model ....

Honest - the Standard doesn't have that foam bit.

Nigel

Tbh I looked for the foam in the box and was annoyed that there was none. I thought it became dislodged in transit. The gimbal guard is useless it keeps falling off.

Steve - there is usually no foam with the Standard ..... it is not missing. I don't know why - but Advanced and Pro have it but not Standard.

The plastic guard - once fitted correctly will stay ... it needs the small raised V piece slotted into the gimbal plate underside. It also needs to be hard against camera side.
It took me a while to realize .... once sorted - its fine.
I cannot photo at present - otherwise I'd post it up for you.

Nigel

Happy to report drone back from DJI "repaired" - they fitted new gimbal and camera. Tested yesterday its all sorted and working great...

All under warranty and foc.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl