Gimbal vibration

Reaction score
Hey guys, it seems i have a problem with my p3s. When i take of and hover 3-4 feet off the ground, the drone vibrates pretty vigorously. I can see the gimbal and legs shaking. It is not the props, because I tried out a brand new pair and had the same results. At the end of the flight, the drone doesnt vibrate. Any ideas as to why its vibrating and how to fix it?

Hey guys, it seems i have a problem with my p3s. When i take of and hover 3-4 feet off the ground, the drone vibrates pretty vigorously. I can see the gimbal and legs shaking. It is not the props, because I tried out a brand new pair and had the same results. At the end of the flight, the drone doesnt vibrate. Any ideas as to why its vibrating and how to fix it?
I don't know if this is it, but mine had a slight vibration for a couple of flights. Then the camera started listing to one side pretty bad. And finally, after the last flight I brought it home to see if there was anything I could find. I turned it on, and the camera started moving wildly in every direction. I think they called it the Harlem Shake. I don't know yet what the diagnosis is, but the drone guy believes it is something called a potentiometer. Yeah, me neither..lol.
Anyway, he will call me soon, so I'll know. But yours could be starting the same thing. I hope not. All I found on the net about it was rubber pieces that hold the camera worn out or split, packing foam still on the top of the camera, and gimbal lock still on. Good luck.

I definitely had this as well. After a few short flights it just went away. Not sure why it did this but it went away and hasn't came back.

If you visit the P3 pro/adv discussion there are pilots reporting this vibration after the 1.5 firmware upgrade. I realize it sounds impossible that a firmware upgrade could induce a vibration but the evidence points that way. There are video clips showing the MR vibrating if you'd like to compare to yours. Did your vibration start after a firmware upgrade?

Mine also started after the update. It went away but flew today and it came back for first flight then went away for second one.

If you visit the P3 pro/adv discussion there are pilots reporting this vibration after the 1.5 firmware upgrade. I realize it sounds impossible that a firmware upgrade could induce a vibration but the evidence points that way. There are video clips showing the MR vibrating if you'd like to compare to yours. Did your vibration start after a firmware upgrade?
Yes, mine started after the update.

[QUOTE
My vibration seems to come and go, but is most noticeable on initial takeoff. Started after the update. Worse after imu cal...[/QUOTE]
Mine also got the shakes after IMU calibration. It seems somewhat better after a short flight around the back yard but the shakes are not completely gone.

Check all your dampers. A split damper can cause gimbal problems.

what do you mean "split damper" ? Do you mean that the damper is cut into 2 pieces ?
No, just a split, like a crack making one damper weak causing the gimbal to hang slightly crooked. It makes the gimbal motors constantly try to correct and your video ends up shaking. Mine had one and I couldn't even tell it was split until I did a close inspection.

No, just a split, like a crack making one damper weak causing the gimbal to hang slightly crooked. It makes the gimbal motors constantly try to correct and your video ends up shaking. Mine had one and I couldn't even tell it was split until I did a close inspection.

ok thanks

one more question. The damper is the white rubber one ?

Yes. I don't know if they make em in any other colors yet, but stock one are white.

Yeah try the imu cal. Compass and gimbal cal. And get back to us

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know these drones can have any number of software problems, but I like to go through and rule out any mechanical anomalies first. If nothing is wrong with the machinery, then I move to firmware, calibration issues, that kind of thing. Probably just my age and upbringing.

Well I am doing the following: hovering indoors and while wearing goggles I am near p3 and watch closely the gimbal. I think that vibrates but not always. However the gimbal is so sensitive that if you make a sudden move to the aircraft with your hands (aircraft is off) you will probably see the gimbal vibrating.

So I changed the props, IMU, compass, gimbal calibration and latest firmware 1.6 but the problem is there. When I had 1.5 the problem was bigger concerning the vibrarions

Hello guys my camera is sable when copter is not flying but when i fly my copter this kind of shaking is there ..... Which arm needs to be calibrated ??? reply to my query...for instant messaging please whatsapp me :- +919998883926 thank you

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic