Gimbal Vibration

Reaction score
First off, this is my 2nd Phantom as I have the original and just now upgraded. All batteries were charged before using this unit.
My new Vision+ has been on 2 flights and has not experienced any drops, crashes, etc. It has been babied right out of the box. I noticed this bad vibration that the gimbal/camera was making periodically while I was setting things up. It would even do it without being touched. I assumed it was making camera adjustments. The vibration causes a jello effect, as you may have guessed, in the videos I shot and also causes it to glitch. As far as the gimbal itself it does it's job by keeping the camera very fluid.

Has anyone else seen this before? I'm starting to think I have a defective unit.

Check out this video
http://youtu.be/XQ0J4rPDFtw

I dunno the answer. I am getting jellocam also. Interested to hear what others say.

Evidence of jellocam:

[vimeo]92800942[/vimeo]

http://youtu.be/kJaf4Qys6B0

The jello from this video is caused by a strange and pretty serious vibration from the gimbal itself.
I was hoping there was a reset button or something. I have sent the videos to DJI support.
Any ideas?

It was fully assembled from the factory. I did check things over. Everything about the phantom works perfect but this. If you see the first video it shows how the gimbal will start vibrating a lot for no reason. The blades are balanced and it flies very well and smooth.
I am thinking the gimbal is defective.

I think my gimbal is defective also. Mine constantly gives up (goes limp) and then comes back. especially when hovering and going slow. if i am flying at high speeds it doesn't do it as bad only when turning. Ive noticed mine hums loudly like yours at certain angles when the motors are off. there is some vibrations from the rotors but I don't think its out of the norm. i tried it at 1am this morning when it was completely still out no wind and it did the same thing. Ive tried balancing the rotors and replacing them with new rotors and im happy with the phantom flight. i just think i got a defective gimbal. How hard is DJI on fixing stuff like this? are they doing to send me out a replacement entire phantom? i really dont want to be without for weeks. but then again it barely good for picture since it randomly goes limp. lol

photomikey said:
I dunno the answer. I am getting jellocam also. Interested to hear what others say.

Evidence of jellocam:

[vimeo]92800942[/vimeo]

at 2:58 your gimbal goes limp and comes back. Mine is doing this consistently. even when just hovering. My gimbal moves freely... not binding or anything.

Not sure if this will fix it, but they did release a new version of the firmware 4/24 IMU firmware v1.6
States:
"Gimbal motion smoother when making small joystick adjustments."

I know it says small joystick adjustments but maybe it will help.

Sent videos into DJI. When I finally got through on the phone he told me it was definitely a faulty motor in the gimbal/camera. Warranty issue. :) Then he tells me to just send it in (on my dime) and they will repair/replace it with about a 4 week turnaround.
:shock: What??? So I'm without my new, cool investment for 6 weeks including shipping time ...that I was so looking forward to using???
Luckily the place I bought it from is willing to work with me on warranty and just replace it ...whenever they get their next shipment.
Thanks Brad @ Daves Motors!

I sent it out to him today and hope I see a replacement soon. ;)

4ever9er said:
Sent videos into DJI. When I finally got through on the phone he told me it was definitely a faulty motor in the gimbal/camera. Warranty issue. :) Then he tells me to just send it in (on my dime) and they will repair/replace it with about a 4 week turnaround.
:shock: What??? So I'm without my new, cool investment for 6 weeks including shipping time ...that I was so looking forward to using???
Luckily the place I bought it from is willing to work with me on warranty and just replace it ...whenever they get their next shipment.

It's nice to see a dealer interested in customer service.

I was going to ask how your experience was with dji service, but I know now. They are non existent at best. And at their worst....well, I cant describe it. I know I have 3 tickets in on a 3 month old P3S, and three emails back thanking me for contacting dji service, and they are sorry if I'm having trouble with their product, and to please contact them if anything else goes wrong. Oh, and my ticket is resolved. I shipped the camera/gimbal to a guy in MN on my own dime, and am waiting to hear what it will take to fix it, on my own dime. Thanks dji, *** kickin job.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj