Gimbal very noisy at rest

Reaction score
This forum has been very helpful. Solved a few issues already, and taught me a lot.

I am trying to figure out a noisy gimbal problem with my new PV2.
Since I first turned it on, without motors on, it has fairly loud gimbal noise, like a chattering servo kind of noise but it isn't making the camera pitch change. The camera works fine, gimbal control is fine with IOS app. It isn't the fan noise- the power for the mechanism causing this noise must come through the wire coming down from the PV2 and into the bracket that holds the camera; the noise continues to be present if you unplug the camera mini jack, but the slight fan noise stops then. I know it is the gimbal making the noise, because if I turn off gimbal control in the Assistant software the noise immediately stops and does not come back until I re-enable the gimbal in the assistant software.

I doubt this is normal, but maybe it is.... Seems to me like a defective servo controller or servo for the gimbal, and it will wear out plus run down my battery, seems like it is hunting all the time for the right servo point, but not enough to move the camera. Just my speculation.

Any ideas? Is it normal? Should I return this?

LeoS said:
wworrall said:
LeoS said:
good to know, thanks.

Apologies for being terse, but it's been discussed quite often already.
I know the default search feature of this site is rather lacking, try punching 'Phantom Vision Gimbal Noise' to the following custom google search:

https://cse.google.com/cse?q=+&cx=013095870582081932723:ew374af2o9i

No problem! That search tool came up empty, no results, also just for gimbal noise. But the forum search tool did find skyhighdiver's post and replies.

wworrall said:
No problem! That search tool came up empty, no results, also just for gimbal noise. But the forum search tool did find skyhighdiver's post and replies.

Glad you've found em.

But are you sure my link doesn't work?
It should pull up a Google Search-like screen, and you can write your queries in it.

I did a test search on 'gimbal noise' and it showed plenty of result, with the following stats:

About 459 results (0.39 seconds)

LeoS said:
wworrall said:

Glad you've found em.

But are you sure my link doesn't work?
It should pull up a Google Search-like screen, and you can write your queries in it.

I did a test search on 'gimbal noise' and it showed plenty of result, with the following stats:

About 459 results (0.39 seconds)
It did work this time. thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers