Gimbal unresponsive after install

Reaction score
I spent the night upgrading the Phantom with the new board so I can use the H3-2D. After I completed the install of the board, I connected the 8p wire for the gimbal and then mounted it to the bottom of the Phantom. Powered it all on and the gimbal vibrated for 2-3 seconds then stopped. LED on back shows a solid orange. It doesn't work at all.

Through the Assistant software, everything is updated and recalibrated and all that jazz. The software is showing that the tilt lever is responding to movement, so that's good. The gimbal just won't move at all. Not even to face the wrong direction like most people talk about. I'm not using the "GCU V1" so I can't hook up the USB cable and do what that other thread says about plugging in and running through the other program (which isn't my issue right now anyway...).

Is there something I'm missing? It won't even vibrate any more. Other than the LED, it appears to not work at all. Thanks!

Do you have your GoPro mounted in it when you're doing the testing? If not, that will be your issues.

rilot said:
Do you have your GoPro mounted in it when you're doing the testing? If not, that will be your issues.

I didn't the first 2-3 times, when it vibrated and stopped. I was simply making sure unit was receiving power and working, didn't know I needed the camera. I've since put the camera in it and powered it on before plugging in the battery; still not working. I reinstalled all of the updates and no go. Any other thoughts?

Yup. You've killed it.
DJI say NEVER to power on the gimbal without the GoPro attached. It burns out the motors.
Page 2 of the manual. Big red writing.

rilot said:
Yup. You've killed it.
DJI say NEVER to power on the gimbal without the GoPro attached. It burns out the motors.
Page 2 of the manual. Big red writing.

Yeah, I just saw that. Since it didn't come with instructions, I just googled a video and it didn't say anything about that. I didn't think to search their site for a manual until after it wouldn't work. I assume I'm just going to have to eat the $380? Will DJI take it back for repair?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl