Gimbal uncontrollable after crash

Reaction score
I crashed my DJI P3 into a tree and the camera started having a "seizure" afterwards. I aligned/adjusted the shaft parallel with the board. Now when I start it up, the camera goes through it's entire motion like it would normally warm up, followed by a continuous left-to-right motion. It's not just a left or right shaking, it's a hard side to side continuous motion. I can't control the left to right motion with the controller but I can adjust the camera up/down with the controller. I've tried updating to the newest firmware and recalibrating everything. I double checked the trimmer alignment and everything seems good to go. I can't seem to find anyone else having the same issue. Ideas?

I crashed my DJI P3 into a tree and the camera started having a "seizure" afterwards. I aligned/adjusted the shaft parallel with the board. Now when I start it up, the camera goes through it's entire motion like it would normally warm up, followed by a continuous left-to-right motion. It's not just a left or right shaking, it's a hard side to side continuous motion. I can't control the left to right motion with the controller but I can adjust the camera up/down with the controller. I've tried updating to the newest firmware and recalibrating everything. I double checked the trimmer alignment and everything seems good to go. I can't seem to find anyone else having the same issue. Ideas?

I know you said you tried it already in the other thread, but I would really recheck if the screw is tighten and at the right position (flat part of the shaft). Also good to see if it is at right height on the shaft. It is not that different from

That could be also a potentiometer damage in one of the axis but as your gimbal didn't broke or disassemble the hit should not have been that hard.

That was the problem! I checked the screw the 1st time to make sure it was tight but apparently the crash pushed the yaw arm down. I adjusted it back up, retightened the screw, and it now flies great and I have full camera control.

One other problem though... now, the video/pictures are upside down. Did I change a setting by mistake??

Did you remove the camera from the pitch motor shaft?
Did you remove the black gimbal ribbon cable?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

I did not remove the camera or ribbon cables. The only item I removed is the back cover to adjust the trimmer alignment. After I put that back together, the camera was still right side up but still had the left to right motion. So I adjusted the yaw arm and tightened the set screw. After that, the camera stopped shaking side to side but now shows upside down. The DJI-Go app is the right direction on my screen but the actual camera footage is inverted.

Ok, are you positive that the ribbon cable did not get nicked, or slightly pulled out of one of the connectors?
My experience with my camera doing the side to side head slam, was due to me installing the pitch motor shaft into the camera 180° off.
You said you aligned/adjusted the shaft parallel with the board.
What shaft, and what board?
If it is the yaw motor shaft, the flat spot gets aligned with the camera. I've never had to mess with it, and I could be wrong, but I believe the flat on the shaft should be at the top, level with the top of the camera.
Aside from that, I'd wager that you have a damaged ribbon cable, or it isn't seated in the connectors.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

My camera is inverted in comparison to yours. On both the logo on front is not inverted, so it is really inverted.
Capture.PNG

From DJI site:
Capture.PNG

From where did you got your P3?

My camera is inverted in comparison to yours. On both the logo on front is not inverted, so it is really inverted.
View attachment 63311
From DJI site:
View attachment 63312
From where did you got your P3?

I did not notice this but you are correct. I looked at other pictures and my camera/labels/lettering is completely inverted. Since I never removed the camera, I'm not sure how this could have happened... possibly during the crash?

Here is the link to the Amazon listing where I purchased it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VSIT5UE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any ideas at all how/why it would be turned around or how to get it the correct direction?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik