Gimbal Turns Off When Inverted

Reaction score
During Gps calibration "The Dance" my gimbal will turn off when I invert the Phantom for final vertical rotation. Sometimes it comes back on when leveled and sometimes I have to unplug and replug back in battery to turn gimbal back on to reset to original position (it kind of locks in upside down position from vertical rotation).

If I dont invert phantom gimbal works fine.
Is this common?

That's normal. When the gimbal encounters unusual/extreme load or positions, it shuts down.

After doing the compass calibration, just unplug and re-power, as you've already been doing.

PS
Sounds like you're calibrating each time you fly. You really only need to do it if/when you're flying in a drastically different geographic location than previously.

Ok thanks that makes sense.

I recently upgraded with new kit and reset all parameters and was calibrating gps after 3.16 urgrade, was out of wack so been doing the dance over and over.

Mike thanks for your advice. I just watched your Phantom set up video, can you list your monitor brand?

Thanks. Also it appears I have a version 1 of zenmuse based on your description of metal u bracket that holds go pro... I sure hope this one does not fail. I purchased from DroneFly great guys, actually stopped by the shop the other day and they hooked me up with a 8 pin black ribbon I damaged in initial install shoving it through little hole. (needs to be bored out a little before install of gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl