Gimbal to Bird attachment

Reaction score
I have a P2v+ with the stock a gimbal and camera. I notice that there are four dampers in place between the body of P2v+ and the gimbal/camera. Only two of these dampers have a plastic device down thru it, thus holding the gimbal and camera to the P2v+. Everytime I fly it I just think, this seems like very little keeping my camera on the quad. I was wondering it there is any value in placing a cable tie thru the other two dampers, as a backup system to those plastic device already in place. Or should I not worry? What do you other drone drivers do?

dacfile said:
I have a P2v+ with the stock a gimbal and camera. I notice that there are four dampers in place between the body of P2v+ and the gimbal/camera. Only two of these dampers have a plastic device down thru it, thus holding the gimbal and camera to the P2v+. Everytime I fly it I just think, this seems like very little keeping my camera on the quad. I was wondering it there is any value in placing a cable tie thru the other two dampers, as a backup system to those plastic device already in place. Or should I not worry? What do you other drone drivers do?

The P2 (non Vision) came with four. I use two. The gimbal hasn't come off, even in a very rough landing (though it did pop the other two rubber mounts out).

Some people use twist ties to hold them so that the camera doesn't hit the plastic retainers. I have a gimbal extension, so I just reverse the retainers so the flat part is down.

I checked the box before posting... no other plastic things. So I assume some parts depot or Ebay must sell them... will use the cable tie until then. Duct tape is so hard to fit in there. thanks

Lots of folks use cable ties in place of the "anti-drop pins". Just be sure to leave some slack in them.

The pins are one-time use. Their purpose is to keep the gimbal assembly attached to the Phantom in the case of a hard landing (I.E. crash).
The most economical solution is to use Ty-Wraps (http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-PCS-10-...05&prg=11353&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=191232758390&rt=nc.

Just loop the Ty-Wrap through the dampers. I filed a notch on mine where the gimbal meets the Phantom body, but others don't bother.
2014-11-17%2018.54.35.jpg

Just don't cinch them up tight- that defeats the purpose of the vibration dampers.. Here is how mine look:
http://youtu.be/5hxO6BZm05E

thanks you guys, if it wasn't for You Tube and these forums, I would still be trying to get it out of the box... Cable Ties and Duct tape, what else do you need!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic