Gimbal tilts to one side when off.

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Vision + and have cross/upgraded to the P2 + H3-2D gimbal and gopro 3+ BE.

I'm not sure if it is a problem but I don't want stress the gimbal motors out. I heard somewhere that the gopro 3+ and gimbal should be neutrally balanced when off. The theory is the less biased when off will equate to the less the motors have to work to counter the weight when on.

I have new Phantom 2 ver 2 with h3-3d 1.1 (side mount usb).
I have converted the h3-3d back to 1.0 to utilise the rear hero port.
Both seem to flop to one side when the phantom is off.

Just want to know if its normal.

Should I consider getting a naked ND filter to counter the balance?

I've had one initial test flight. It wasn't a demanding flight because I was still getting used to the IOSD.

Thanks in advanced.

Yes, the more balanced the gimbal is when off, the lest stress on the motors when on.

Quite a few people(myself included) had to add a little weight to counter the tilt.

Some have various techniques, I just double stickied a penny on the motor to add just enough weight to balance

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417016047439.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417016047439.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 430
He has a Hero 3+ though. The 4 is heavier than the 3+. I taped a penny to the back of my gimbal which seems to have sorted out the balance.

wattage said:
He has a Hero 3+ though. The 4 is heavier than the 3+. I taped a penny to the back of my gimbal which seems to have sorted out the balance.

Thanks bro. I took a 5 cent piece an velcroed the back of mine.
I managed to make it interchangeable so I can swap the 5 cent from the back plate to motor-side if I wish to use the ND filter.

Seeing you guys with the 4 blacks are making me think...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20