Gimbal Tilted Horizon DJI Repair

I like to think that dji is working on it since the last update improved it for me and hopefully the next AC update will help to correct this situation.

Perhaps they aren't, and it's not spinning I'm necessarily thinking about but more of the swing as if you think about forces applied it makes sense. These things are computed over physics not image processing, would be too slow.

So similarly, fixed point would be the cross section of the 4 arms, Sideway/lateral force the wind, negated by the bird by tilting slightly to maintain position countering the wind=body tilt the gimbal has to compensate for and does most of the time, but sometimes there's so much turbulence up there that I think it is exactly when it happens as can be seen in Attitude indicator in the app (the round thing that shows pitch and bank) when hovering or flying in the same direction.

First off, several of those sentences make no sense. "These things are computed over physics not image processing, would be too slow." for example. I can't reply to that. And I think "fixed point would be the cross section of the 4 arms" means you're trying to say that the center of rotation of the camera is the intersection of the axes of the "4 arms" but 1. there are only three axes of rotation on that 3-axis gimbal and 2. the location of the center of rotation doesn't matter, as

Secondly, turbulence (or any linear motion) would cause the gimbal to pitch in different, constantly changing directions, not to be constantly slightly off in one direction, so it's definitely not that. The bottom line is the only way an external input, rather than a software or internal sensor problem, could cause the gimbal to consistently pitch at a particular angle is if "down" were somehow changed, causing gravity to "point in the wrong direction." That can happen via spinning or by falling out of the sky at a constant angle, but that's not what happening here.

You may "Never had tilted horizons when the bird is levelled or compensating for its own movement with no or light wind." but many people have (I've had the gimbal on a P4 go wonky sitting on a table indoors) so that's what's being discussed. The problem isn't that it's not "rock solid," the problem is that it IS "rock solid," just crooked.

Sorry this ain't my native language and you're right:

1-I meant computing motion prediction vs gravitational forces are simpler and quicker to process than visual processing.
2-By fixed point I did indeed refer to the intersection of the cross trying to explain it's the point the motors are trying to keep in place. The gimbal has to adjust to that angle on its z axis (x being the horizontal and y the vertical) being transposed from the above point it's attached to.
3-no talking about turbulence, crosswinds, turbulence would be definitely as you said but I think since not constant are even, the gimbal is less confused, hence me mentioning constant forces and I do believe it's exactly what you said: the vertical pull is perceived differently thus provoking the tilt in these conditions and these are the only conditions I was referring to.

This leads to...

4-never said that there aren't crooked horizons that are legit and need to be looked into and I'm sorry if it seemed that way it's just that I've also seen many reports I believe that are coming from what I'm trying to explain.

Anyway....pfeeeeeew, good luck to all fixing their issue if their bird has a defect!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well as I had suspected, there was definitely something wrong. I had exhausted my options in terms of calibrations & anything software related on my end! Just received the quote and analysis today. Hopefully this cures it for good.

2c313dd4b6ef1bc85ce7503b9ee22e4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Good stuff! Hope it's sorted when your bird comes back! That 3rd shot in the OP was a tad extreme indeed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl