Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Gimbal tilt stopped working & remote broke 13th flight...

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by SzymonS, Jun 30, 2015.

1. SzymonS

Rough 2 days for the Phantom 3 - First a landing not a crash in a sandy area kicked up more sand then expected and got the motors seized - after taking it apart and cleaning (not a fun task) it flew fine but now the gimbal stopped working. No sand that I can see in the mechanism through a magnifying glass. Is the tilt something I should be lubricating?

If it wasn't bad enough, I opened up my hard backpack today which was supposedly custom made for the phantom 3 and found my left antenna mount broken. Not really certain how it broke as I haven been really gentle with this machine since I got it 5 days ago.

Any thoughts on repairing either ? The gimbal works when I activate the tilt and physically "assist" it to move - feels very gritty and the gimbal gets very hot.

The remote under all that plastic seems to be some really cheap styrofoam so I don't think that it's going to be fixable. :-(

2. bbfpv

Gimbal would need to be disassembled by someone with proper tools, then cleaned. Irt the broken antenna, tough to say without a picture but might be worth it to buy a replacement .

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

3. Buckaye

you might try compressed air and see if you can blow the sand out of the gimbal - if it has a gritty feeling then you likely have sand you can't see. What I don't know is if that part is greased and therefore will hold onto the sand.

4. SzymonS

Thanks @bbfpv & @Buckaye I tried the compressed air, but will most likely have to find a repair shop. Not easy where I live :) Cheers !

5. dronepilottampa

Were you able to get this fixed? I have a gimbal with a broken Yaw arm so I am looking into buying a broken one to just take the Yaw arm off if you did not get it fixed let me know.

Thanks,

Mark