Gimbal Tilt Lever - Fully Functional?

Reaction score
Looking to buy a gimbal tilt control lever for my v.2 PV2+. Would be nice to be able to control that outside of the Vision app. However, on most videos (which are over a half-year old), it is noted that the tilt lever had issues (would not pan incrementally and would conflict with the Vision app). Has this been resolved in a firmware update?

E.G., http://www.ebay.com/itm/121466218031
Simon's Video of the Issue:

I have a similar tilt lever on my P2V+. It works, but here are some problems with it:

1) I'm no longer able to tilt the camera in the DJI Vision app -- meaning only one or the other can work.

2) The camera will keep tilting until the lever is returned the center position. It's tough to get it right in the center since there is no notch or other indicator so you know exactly where to position the lever. When the lever is off just a bit, the camera slowly tilts -- which is sometimes hard to spot right away.

Since it would be much less aggravating, I'd recommend you upgrade to the remote controller with the tilt wheel.

Last edited:
Reactions: WildEMT and Mako79
I have a similar tilt lever on my P2V+. It works, but here are some problems with it:

1) I'm no longer able to tilt the camera in the DJI Vision app -- meaning only one or the other can work.

2) The camera will keep tilting until the lever is returned the center position. It's tough to get it right in the center since there is no notch or other indicator so you know exactly where to position the lever. When the lever is off just a bit, the camera slowly tilts -- which is sometimes hard to spot right away.

Since it would be much less aggravating, I'd recommend you upgrade to the remote controller with the tilt wheel:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Code=as2&tag=ph079-20&linkId=WV7K4MJAZL64QSBP
+1

I was a tight *** and did a $10 mod. I modified the rear lever with a 3 position switch and an adjustable potentiometer knob. The potentiometer adjust the tilt speed and the 3 position switch frees my finger for slow up/down pans.

But if you have a few bob lying around, get the upgraded controller. Make sure you get the 5.8ghz controller and NOT the 2.4Ghz.

Reactions: WildEMT
Thanks guys. So, the short answer is... Nope. DJI never corrected the issues with a firmware update.

A new controller may be an options someday. But, for now, rather than spend $100, I'll keep panning with my phone. :)

Thanks again!

I have this device installed on my transmitter and it works fine. It does disable control from the app. You must select the Upgrade Version for the Transmitter Version in the Phantom Assistant software under the Basic and RC tab but you must NOT upgrade the Zen IMU software from 1.0.0.4 to 1.0.0.6 on the Upgrade page or you will get the camera always moving unless the arm is returned to center position.

Last edited:
Hi guys just got s used dji phantom 2 vision plus and I noticed when I turn on the phantom and the gimbal finished its dance it tilts slightly down its not leveled is this normal thanks for any would be greatly appreciated

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl