Gimbal tilt issues

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a P3A (in my possession) and I have an issue with the gimbal. I don't know the history of the aircraft but looks pretty rough.

Anyway, the issue is that the camera is tilting to the left (left side down). Everything works though, I get an image on the tablet, I can tilt the cam up and down, SD card recognised etc.

The weird thing is, I can do a gimbal calibration (twice needed) to fix the problem and the cam is pointing straight again. I turn the aircraft off and it stays (most times) straight, but when I turn it on again, the camera goes back to the same spot, tilted to the left (about 45 degree). At that point I can do a gimbal calibration again (2 times will bring it back straight), and it will fix it, until the next time I power the aircraft off and on again.

I don't think it's a cable as I am able to temp fix it with 2 gimbal calibrations.

Anyone had this issue before? Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi all,
I have a P3A (in my possession) and I have an issue with the gimbal. I don't know the history of the aircraft but looks pretty rough.

Anyway, the issue is that the camera is tilting to the left (left side down). Everything works though, I get an image on the tablet, I can tilt the cam up and down, SD card recognised etc.

The weird thing is, I can do a gimbal calibration (twice needed) to fix the problem and the cam is pointing straight again. I turn the aircraft off and it stays (most times) straight, but when I turn it on again, the camera goes back to the same spot, tilted to the left (about 45 degree). At that point I can do a gimbal calibration again (2 times will bring it back straight), and it will fix it, until the next time I power the aircraft off and on again.

I don't think it's a cable as I am able to temp fix it with 2 gimbal calibrations.

Anyone had this issue before? Any ideas?

Thanks
Yes. See this thread in this discussion area (same one your thread is posted to) Gimbal SUPER hot, won't calibrate, freaks out, shakes violently and read post #5 to that thread. Also check You Tube, which is where I found the original video that helped me reset mine after a crash. It isn't a difficult fix, but it is scary the first time you do something like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen