Gimbal Tilt Function Problem

Reaction score
Hi There,

I have an issue with my P2V+ where i have lots the ability to tilt the camera with the app. I am running the lastest app / software versions. Recently the tilt function had been a lot slower than normal but no problem. Today i had a minor crash clipped some branches slowly at around 2 meters in height. I stopped the engines quickly and there was no obvious damage to the gimbal, however when i re powered and connected to app everything worked fine except the tilt function - both the finger tilt function and the gyroscpoe. I can take photos / movies and the gimbal seems to be work fine except for the tilt function.

I have done an advanced IMU calibration. The drone flies perfectly / compass / GPS is fine. On the app screen the to right tab stays N/A and also the wifi unit on the controller the system light flashes.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! If this issue has already been discussed on the site please send me the thread and thanks again!

I think the range extender always blinks during communication with the bird, no? Check the cables running to the gimbal, sounds like a loose connection.

Well before you do anything else, follow mopar bobs instructions (look in the stickies) to make sure your gimbal is properly configured. You can skip the step for binding, but do everything else to the last detail even when it seems non-sensical.

Once you have that out of the way, if your gimbal still doesn't work, post back here.

EDIT. I don't see it in the stickies anymore. Wonder if that got removed when all the turmoil with the site happened.
Anyway, they are on page 5 of this thread. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=29063&start=40
Scroll down to MOPArBObs post.

You probably do not need to re-download the assistant software if you downloaded yours after November 1. And you don't have to bind your TX since its already bound. But do everything else, and then post back.

haidozo said:
Hi There,

I have an issue with my P2V+ where i have lots the ability to tilt the camera with the app.!

Sure ive seen a couple of posts about this happening since the app upgrade or the 3.10 firmware.

haidozo said:
I am running the lastest app / software versions. Recently the tilt function had been a lot slower than normal but no problem.!

ahh thought so, have you tried downgrading the firmware ?

haidozo said:
On the app screen the to right tab stays N/A!

If the unit is in Naza mode then this stays on N/A, if its in phantom mode then the app isn't getting the telemetry from the Quad

haidozo said:
and also the wifi unit on the controller the system light flashes. !

There are 2 lights one stays solid green and the other one does indeed flash,

As BBFPV says it could well be the tiny ribbon cable running from the gimbal, your gonna need to break out the magnifying glass and inspect it for any damage.

Good luck

Thanks very much for the suggestions! I rushed in and followed mopar bobs post but i unfortunately unsucessfully tried to do the binding and i reset my range extender now i can't even connect with the app.
I am getting stuck at the scan section page 22 of the manual - i can't scan the QR code with my iPhone 5s from the bottom of my gimbal and the new scanned information.

Anyone had this problem?

Thanks again!

crash1sttime said:
haidozo said:
Hi There,

As BBFPV says it could well be the tiny ribbon cable running from the gimbal, your gonna need to break out the magnifying glass and inspect it for any damage.

Good luck
I agree, I had a small slice that could barely be seen on my ribbon cable.

Btw, I used the gimbel clamp so I could still fly it as FPV.

haidozo said:
Thanks very much for the suggestions! I rushed in and followed mopar bobs post but i unfortunately unsucessfully tried to do the binding and i reset my range extender now i can't even connect with the app.
I am getting stuck at the scan section page 22 of the manual - i can't scan the QR code with my iPhone 5s from the bottom of my gimbal and the new scanned information.

Anyone had this problem?

Thanks again!

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

There is 2 ways of binding. 1 is the QR, second is the manual input. Below is the manual input.
Use and android phone and download an app called wifi analyser. This will scan the phantoms hidden SSID and provide you the mac address. It's the last sets of numbers that you will need.

Then use the DJI Phone app and plug in the last digits of the hidden SSID. Get a labeller and stick it on the bottom of your phantom like I did so you don't forget it in the future.

Anti%20Interference%20boards.jpg

There has got to be a way to bind without using an Android.
Personally, I seem to recall there is a reset/binding button on the wifi extender. Its been awhile but Im sure I just followed directions from DJI - probably on their wiki. Maybe in the support section for the controller. Can't remember, but if you think about it, people buy replacement controllers and extenders all the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub