Gimbal tilt control problem

Reaction score
Hi, I've owned my P2 for a about a month now and have been getting on well. About two weeks ago I added a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal with great success improving my videos immensly. I have however now encountered a problem with the tilt control on the reverse of my RC unit and for no reason that I can see the control lever seems to hyper sensitive and literally a movement of approximately 1mm will take the gimbal from upright facing forward to a full 90 degree turn to face down. I have tried updating all the firmware and re calibrating the control all with no success. Any thoughts would be gratefully received. Thanks

I had some weird similar problems and the calib I did on X1 did not take. However I found these instructions on a post here that solved my issue. It has a step I had not used before, so give it a try. I saved instructions knowing I would need them again.

1. Ensure DJI RC System Assistant software is Installed

2. Start the DJI RC System Assistant software, plug the controller into USB port and power it on. Sometimes if the controller is plugged in before the software is started, it won't recognize it.

3. Click 'Calibration'

4. Click 'Next' after ensuring you are not touching any of the levers or sticks on controller

5. Move the left and right sticks in a circle a few times to reach their limits

6. Move the X1 lever on the back of the controller back and forth slowly a few times

7. Press 'Finish'

8. Close the DJI RC System Assistant software and disconnect the controller from USB port

9. Start the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant software

10. Plug the Phantom 2 into USB port and power it on

11. Click 'Basic' at the top and select 'RC' beneath it

12. On the right hand side, select 'Start' in the X1 Calibration section

13. Move the X1 lever on the back of the controller back and forth slowly a few times

14. Press 'Finish'

15. Select 'Start' in the Command Sticks Calibration section

16. Move the left and right sticks in a circle a few times to reach their limits

17. Press 'Finish'

Just go into advanced, gimbal, and turn the tilt gain down to 4. you can also set the tilt limit to a -2 at the top and never see the props in the shot again, have a good night and enjoy the super smooth tilt...

I've got an almost same problem with mine. I think it might be a hardware issue with the potentiometer in the TX.
my problem I just posted about... http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26406
I'll try those somewhat different configuration instructions tonight from what I've been doing (basically I wasn't moving the X1 lever while configuring the joysticks, because it says no need to)
Anyway let me know if this helped you BigAl (roll tide)

Hi I've successfully calibrated my tilt control this evening using the list of instructions above. The problem does seem to be when calibrating the control using the RC you must move the tilt control even though it suggests you shouldnt

awesome! glad you got it working. Now I'm somewhat optimistic once again to get this thing calibrated! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers