Gimbal Teardown?

Reaction score
I've searched but I can't find anything. Has anyone done a Zenmuse H3-3D or 2D teardown? I dinged the roll servo (very bottom) and now the silver part rotates freely about 2mm. When I orient the silver part a certain way the gimbal functions as normal, but when I rotate it with resistance on the arm it puts the gimbal in a bad horizontal tilt. I see there are three screws on the arm and before I seriously break it I wondered if anyone has dissected one of these before.
Maybe there is a tightening screw on in there or glue?
My other two servos don't have any play in them.
Thanks.

I guess I posted too soon. Sure enough I just found a set screw on the top of the arm that tightens that silver part of the servo. It took the play out. It's tight and I'm good and level. I'm also not getting any weird humming/buzzing sound. I'm wondering if those set screws (whatever they are called) would be something others could look at when they are tilting or have load/over working gimbals.

I won't be home for another few hours but here is an image I found. I put an arrow showing the relative location. I will try and take a photo when I get home. I believe it was a 1.5mm hex driver I used as well.

Attachments

• h33d.jpg
    h33d.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 722
I just took these pictures. The roll servo has the 1.5mm driver in it for the picture. If you loosen that up you can rotate the silver part. That changes the orientation of the x axis. If you are off kilter or leaning to the left or right you can adjust based on that.
The other photo is for the set screw on the top servo the yaw part. I haven't messed with that other than to make sure it was still tight.

Attachments

• _DSC4560.jpg
    _DSC4560.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 632
  • _DSC4563.jpg
    _DSC4563.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 624
this is the tilt servo giving me the problem. It seems loose, but once I took the cover off i couldn't see any set screws on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_7345.jpg
    IMG_7345.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 696
Bummer, I can't help you with that. I was wondering where that servo's set screw would be. I would assume there is one. Was it pretty clear when you took the cover off that there wasn't any other options?

I can't see a set screw.There is a philips head behind the ribbon that is curled around the servo axis rod, but it can't be a set screw as it is parallel to the axis.
really crazy. On the bright side I have learned a lot about the gimbal imi and other such things. The short sequence is pretty cool as well. The crazy thing is how this all started right in the middle of a flight for no apparent reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcVUW1JE5Fg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj