Gimbal stuck tilted after connecting DJI vision app.

Reaction score
Hi!

I work for a DJI reseller company, and we have some problem with a customer's Phantom 2 Vision +
As he described the problem, the system works perfectly, until he is connecting to the drone with the iPhone DJI vision app.
After it when the phantom tilts on the roll axis, the gimbal stops working. Disconnecting the iPhone results the system works again.
He tried it with several iPhones and iPads, same result.
This phantom is just returned from our warehouse (Pelikan Daniel), I don't know if they "fixed" the problem or simply sent it back, but everithing is the same.
Do you have any idea?

Some more information would be useful ....

1. Which version of the firmware is the Phantom running?
2. Has the RC controller been correctly calibrated?
3. Has the Phantom's IMU been correctly calibrated (advanced calibration would be a good idea under these circumstances)?

4. Is the Phantom running in Naza or Phantom mode?
5. Has the compass on the Phantom been calibrated?
6. Has the compass on the iPhone been calibrated?
7. Is the Phantom “stock” or does it have extras fitted?

Phantom firmware is up to date.
Imu is calibrated in advanced mode on a football field.
Compass also calibrated.
The whole system is stock, there has been no modifications.

I have to check the iPhone compass, but I don't think that it can cause a problem like this.
Have to check the Phantom mode, and RC controller calibration.

Okay, Lovi.

You should do the RC controller calibration before you calibrate the Phantom. Then you should calibrate the sticks on the Phantom afterwards. Make sure that the Phantom is on a completely level surface when you do the advanced IMU calibration. Use a spirit level.

Perhaps you should calibrate the RC controller and then completely re-calibrate the Phantom just to be absolutely sure. If that doesn't help then I guess it goes back to DJI.

Good luck ;)

itchybeard said:
Okay, Lovi.

You should do the RC controller calibration before you calibrate the Phantom. Then you should calibrate the sticks on the Phantom afterwards. Make sure that the Phantom is on a completely level surface when you do the advanced IMU calibration. Use a spirit level.

Perhaps you should calibrate the RC controller and then completely re-calibrate the Phantom just to be absolutely sure. If that doesn't help then I guess it goes back to DJI.

Good luck ;)

First off the problem is between the bird and the Iphone/Ipad. Nothing to do with any other function of the Vision plus.

Check to make sure all the ribbon cable connectors are sitting properly in the gimbal/camera controller.

Try a different iphone/ipad, not the customers and see if the problem still exists.
If the problem is not there the problem is with the customers Iphone/Ipad or the way he has them set up.
If the problem still exists there would logically be only two components that may be at fault, the Wifi module or the gimbal/camera controller.

Lovi said:
Hi!

I work for a DJI reseller company, and we have some problem with a customer's Phantom 2 Vision +
As he described the problem, the system works perfectly, until he is connecting to the drone with the iPhone DJI vision app.
After it when the phantom tilts on the roll axis, the gimbal stops working. Disconnecting the iPhone results the system works again.
He tried it with several iPhones and iPads, same result.
This phantom is just returned from our warehouse (Pelikan Daniel), I don't know if they "fixed" the problem or simply sent it back, but everithing is the same.
Do you have any idea?

Lovi,

If nothing else works, I would do a hard reset on the aircraft and see if that works.

RB

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl