Gimbal stopped twitching on power up...

Reaction score
I will get to the subject in a moment. First some observations. So I decided to not fly this evening and go out in the morning on the way to work cause there is zero wind here in the morning mostly. Decided to connect the hardware to the assistants and play around a bit. So I started by connecting the TX to the RC assistant to try and recreate what I read on here in a thread a while back about when you very slowly move S1 down from middle VERY SLOWLY it doesn't see the switch transition. This is TRUE. Mine stayed in ATTI when the switch was in the failsafe position. I moved it so slowly that I didn't hear it click. So even though it was in the down position, the assistant indicated (and the LEDs on the phantom) it was still in ATTI. Same goes for S2. Slowly moving to down position from middle not hearing a click kept it in CL. Moving the switches normally gave normal expected modes. Moral of the story is flip those switches with authority!!

Now to the topic subject. I first checked my kitchen table for level with a spirit level. I have a massive granite table that is very level. So I was satisfied I was good to go. I connected the phantom to the PC assistant (1.08 BTW) and did an advanced IMU calibration. It completed with success in short order. I got the overheat message even though I had just turned it on. Clicked Yes. After going through the tabs and verifying all my settings, I powered off the phantom and disconnected the USB cable from it. I powered the phantom back on to make sure all was good and TO MY SURPRISE, the camera powered on to level, didn't move down to -45, and didn't twitch at all. I rocked the phantom around and the gimbal was working fine. I then cycled power again, and this time it finished by tilting down to -45, but still didn't twitch. I was like WTF? So I cycled it again and it went to -45 and again didn't twitch. I thought wow did the IMU cal fix the twitch? I turned it off and walked away for a few minutes. I came back and powered it on and sure enough it twitched. It is working just fine, is level, etc. I cycled it at least 3 more times and the twitch is back.

Just thought I would share this as the gimbal mystery continues...sorry for the long post. I thank my lucky stars that I have a good working system.

Thanks for this, BT. I'm now seriously considering replacing the S1/2 switches with something of higher quality.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have to report that when I flew this morning, the gimbal did not twitch on power up. I flew one battery and after I finished flying I powered on and off twice in the trunk and it did not twitch. Anyone else with a good working system not getting the yaw twitch on power up?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers