Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal steadying during transport

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by 4wd, Aug 3, 2014.

1. 4wd

4wd

Could do with some tidying up, but this holds it much firmer in the backpack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fplvert

Good idea!
    I have Fastsmiles gimbal guard, and just slip a 1cm thick piece of foam between the guard and the gimbal lock. Works for me. :D

3. skyhighdiver

Pick and pluck works great bounces around in the back of the boat all day pulling tubers and no issues

Attached Files:

4. Slauterhause

I don't know what rock I've been living under, but I've never seen that Pick and Pluck stuff before. It's brilliant! I must find some.

5. jaxbert

6. jaxbert

I need to do something different as well. I took my P2V+ to Costa Rica in a pelican-type case. I did not open the case between TSA in Florida and my destination which was Pavones, Costa Rica (which is very remote and a 8 hour drive from the airport in San Jose.)

The last 2 hours of the drive is on poorly maintained dirt roads in the rainy season.... and I was driving a rental car, so I didn't exactly care about the suspension. ;)

The clamp thing was lying the bottom of the box and the gimbal was flying around for who knows how long. Luckily it didn't break.... I managed to do that when I lost control, hit a palm tree, and sent the whole thing flying into some large rocks. The P2 went one way, and the V+ went the other.

7. CocoPops