gimbal speed adjustment

Ravecreative said:
I've tried setting the manual gimbal speed setting on the assistant software, but nothing changes - am i missing something????

Are you using the H3-2D gimbal? If so I don't think the gimbal speed adjustment in the assistant does anything.

The Naza M software assistant cannot change the settings of the zenmuse gimbal. I learned that the long way today.

With that said, I too want to change the speed of the zenmuse gimbal. It is almost at a 1-to-1 ratio with the X1 control, which makes for jerky adjustments as the X1 on the back of the Phantom controller is far from smooth.

I've searched for a long time today to find a way to adjust this setting but found nothing. If anyone has had success doing this, please share!

ive ordered a potentiometer and knob for the radio, so i can resolder and relocate the gimbal adjust knob to the front of the radio, and it will be far smoother to control

i've seen other people do this on the P1 and they film for a living

Ravecreative

do you mind posting a pic when you have mod'ed your gimbal control? i too, found that it's moving too fast.

thanks.

I have the same problem, and it occurred after updating to firmware 1.60. Now, the tilt is "real-time"....which was DJI's intention-but they screwed us big time. It's far too quick, and jerky to be any use at all to tilt while filming.
I've tried adjust the settings of X1-manual from 100 to 5, and see no change.

I'm using a Futaba T8J with the VR knob-and there is no known adjustment to solve this problem.
E-mail Support at DJI and inform them of this blunder of a firmware upgrade-so hopefully they can issue another firmware version to tame the tilt on the Zenmouse.

I have installed the potentiometer few weeks ago following the same video two posts above and ,I am pleased with it.

I've trimmed my controller as much as possible (Futaba 8FGS) but that only gets you so far. DJI needs to fix the manual control speed setting as it seems to do very little!

On the 14 you just set a value on the servo speed for whatever function is controlling the gimbal. I think on the 8 you need to create a mix using the motor function, wouldn't swear to it but I did find something about it on youtube, it related to flaps on a glider but somebody had used the same method to control the gimbal speed on a phantom.

zlinuk said:
On the 14 you just set a value on the servo speed for whatever function is controlling the gimbal. I think on the 8 you need to create a mix using the motor function, wouldn't swear to it but I did find something about it on youtube, it related to flaps on a glider but somebody had used the same method to control the gimbal speed on a phantom.
It would be nice to find a youtube video explaining how someone did it on the T8J......
Heck, I had to watch a video on how to set up one of my switches to be the dual rate, so I could slow the controls down while filming. Had to actually watch it a couple of times-still have it bookmarked ;)

If you read the comments there is a link to the "How To" page. It looks like It refers to the 8fg, might be the same for the 8j, I'm not familiar with either model so won't be much help I'm afraid.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjJBjn2_N2s[/youtube]

zlinuk said:
If you read the comments there is a link to the "How To" page. It looks like It refers to the 8fg, might be the same for the 8j, I'm not familiar with either model so won't be much help I'm afraid.

Thx. I'll give it a shot. I currently have it so I pitch the gimbal using a trim control at 40% of the full speed. That gives the control I assign the trim to a full sweep but it only slows it so much. Maybe this will slow it further. Hard to tell from the video. I'd like to get it to half of the speed in the video. That would be great!

Ok had the same problem but figured it out...start the assistant and hit the basic button I think it is the X1 Calibration hit start and slide the lever slowly on the back of the controller back and forth a few times! you would think it would be in the Advanced/Gimbal setting under the pitch setting. I kept changing the gain and the manual control speed but it did nothing. Mine is so smooth now. Hope this helps!

Redline said:
Ok had the same problem but figured it out...start the assistant and hit the basic button I think it is the X1 Calibration hit start and slide the lever slowly on the back of the controller back and forth a few times! you would think it would be in the Advanced/Gimbal setting under the pitch setting. I kept changing the gain and the manual control speed but it did nothing. Mine is so smooth now. Hope this helps!

Totally overlooked that. Thanks for pointing that out. Reset my end points and used the X1 calibration. That gave me more granular control. Still need to slow it down more so will try the slow down method from above.

ianwood said:
Redline said:

Totally overlooked that. Thanks for pointing that out. Reset my end points and used the X1 calibration. That gave me more granular control. Still need to slow it down more so will try the slow down method from above.
I've beat the manual X1 control and calibration to death......version 1.80 is still smooth at start/stop. But, you really need a calibrated touch(smooth), to control the tilt.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20