Gimbal shock mounts

Reaction score
Ok so I can't find anything referring to this so I need to know what is proper.

My gimbal is supported by 4 white shock grommets, two of which are diagonal to each other and have a clear pins through them and clear locking rings securing them. I also noted two more of said pins in a accessory bag.

My question is, what is the correct configuration, the above mentioned one

Or

Am
I supposed to use the other pair in the other grommets, or are they spares to the first configuration.

Thanks in advance for your help

Ok so I can't find anything referring to this so I need to know what is proper.

My gimbal is supported by 4 white shock grommets, two of which are diagonal to each other and have a clear pins through them and clear locking rings securing them. I also noted two more of said pins in a accessory bag.

My question is, what is the correct configuration, the above mentioned one

Or

Am
I supposed to use the other pair in the other grommets, or are they spares to the first configuration.

Thanks in advance for your help
The above mentioned one the others are spares
Some chose to put a plastic tie very loosely in the other two holes for extra security... The poin is to maintain complete freedom of the mounting points hanging in those four rubber cushions

Reactions: BenDover
The clear plastic pin is to prevent the entire camera / gimbal from detaching from your quad. The white soft rubber is vibration dampener. It helps isolate and prevent the vibration of your quad frim transmitting to your camera unit.

The clear plastic pegs aren't very sturdy and does break apart upon strong impact. Thats why some people have choose to put zip ties instead. The zip ties should be on loosely so that the rubber damper can stretch and function as it should.

9e1deda5f761bf4d1b6e9c257b3b4420.jpg

What is the expected scenario when the ties would come into play?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What is the expected scenario when the ties would come into play?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Two situations
1. Crash that pulls the gimbal dampers away from the sockets
2. Degradation of the rubber dampers that cause tears

Why do you like these metal retaining pins? They seem kind of expensive for what they are.

1. They are completely reusable and much easier to deal with than the OEM clips.
2. They provide a longer travel distance for the bumpers (in extreme cases of vertical climb or banking, where the OEM clips would reach their extent of travel, a shock would be visible on device and video) with longer travel, the bumpers can stretch farther and eliminate the bump.
3. If I could have found Brass Safety Pins in a large enough size I would have saved money but I was lazy.
4. Finally, I really like the guys at UAVbits and want to support them when I can.

1. They are completely reusable and much easier to deal with than the OEM clips.
2. They provide a longer travel distance for the bumpers (in extreme cases of vertical climb or banking, where the OEM clips would reach their extent of travel, a shock would be visible on device and video) with longer travel, the bumpers can stretch farther and eliminate the bump.
3. If I could have found Brass Safety Pins in a large enough size I would have saved money but I was lazy.
4. Finally, I really like the guys at UAVbits and want to support them when I can.
Thanks for the info!

I was wondering the same thing. I got my P3A not too long ago and I thought maybe all 4 holes should have the plastic clips. I didn't do it though, just left it alone. Crazy part is this though, so the other day im flying and I lose transmission signal. I hit the return to home button and I shut off the controller just to make sure it understands to return. Well the drone banks hard right and crashes into a tree. When I recovered it the camera was ripped off and the baseplate that attaches to the drone had two arms broken off which where the ones the plastic pins were through. Still cant find that camera, its a **** shame. So ordered all replacement parts and waiting on them to come in... looking at ways to secure the camera better and im getting one of those Bluetooth Tile things to attach to the camera itself in case I cant find it. FYI the GPS was dead accurate on the google maps image in locating my drone, it was 100% on the money in case anyone is wondering lol.

For solving the problem you had where the arms of the mounting plate broke off, additional clips will not help at all. If you want to be sure that never happens again you should look at replacing the stock mounting plate with one of these carbon fiber replacements fro UAVbits. Plus you get two free anti-drop clips. Phantom 3 Camera Support anti-jelllo board

For solving the problem you had where the arms of the mounting plate broke off, additional clips will not help at all. If you want to be sure that never happens again you should look at replacing the stock mounting plate with one of these carbon fiber replacements fro UAVbits. Plus you get two free anti-drop clips. Phantom 3 Camera Support anti-jelllo board

Great product ...sad they have been sold out for a bit now

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl