Gimbal shakes and thrashes about and tried x axis fix

Reaction score
I have tried everything regarding the gimbal fix for shaking gimbal.

I have reviewed all of the posts here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20514

Here is the interesting thing, when the unit is upright the camera goes crazy. When I turn 45 degrees on two arms, it stops.

The other thing is when it thrashes, the motors get really hot really quickly so I shut down, but when I turn on side with two arms, there is no heat from motors as the gimbal steadies.

I am struggling to determine what else the problem might be. The gimbal arm is not bent, the trimmer alignment is correct, I set the axle with loctite and still the gimbal goes crazy when upright.

I am wondering if the gyroscope or something else might be the problem. Any ideas?!??!

Thanks,

Hombra

Hombra if you took the set screw out of the camera shaft that holds the motor(hidden underneath the ribbon cable) and reinstalled it you might want to make sure you face the rounded part of the shaft from the motor towards the threaded camera portion.If you put the screw through the flat side that would be your problem. Other than that you need to doublecheck and make sure the second motor down(the one that swings the cam side to side) is still together, because the shaft at the other end of that motor(where you did the x axis fix) can slide out of the fitting and just the magnets will hold it all together.

For part one, are you refering to the screw underneath the U shaped cover plate that hides the ribbon cable, or somewhere else?

Regarding x-axis, side to side motor, second one down, how do you remove to get to the shaft? I cannot seem to break the magnet connection. I can put another round of epoxy on the connection point to see if that works.

Any other ideas??!?!?!

Hombra I assume you crashed and are now having these problems? If you haven't taken the U shaped piece of metal off that hides the ribbon cable it wouldn't hurt to do it. First push down firmly but gently on all the ribbon cable connectors, and there are three on top off the gimbal with grey wires, push those down too. If that doesn't work power down the phantom take the U shaped ribbon protector off and turn the camera completely around unrapping the ribbon cable, there is some glue holding the ribbon cable to itself, so you have to pull gently on the ribbon until the glue gives way. Now you should be able to see the set screw hidden under the cable. once you get the camera off spin the shaft of the motor with your fingers and check for any obstructions or binding. Reassemble but be sure to put the SHAFT OF THE CAMERA back the way it came. If that all fails try the x axis fix again but before this try one more thing, power up the transmitter then the phantom, hold the phantom in the position that causes it to stabilize and while holding the phantom turn over your transmitter and there is two holes on the back, take a small phillips head screwdriver and put it in the TOP HOLE and turn counterclockwise, BUT BE SURE YOU DO THIS WITH THE APP OFF...Hope this helps :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik