GIMBAL SHAKE FIX PRO, ADV,STD

Reaction score
Hello all. Just wanted to supply some information on the dreaded gimbal shake problems that maybe develop after a crash from my own experience. You are going to crash at some point so here is a few bits of info:

1) In the rear cover of the gimbal motor, align motor post so the flat portion of the post is paralell with the top of the camera. This can be done by using pliers and rotating the motor to the correct position and then align the potentiometer sleeve on the rear circuit board. There are many videos on this on Youtube.

2) My issue was that I did this and still I would get the dreaded gimbal shake after many motor post alignments.

SOLUTION: Get a another potentiometer circuit board from a crashed phantom 3, I am guessing that the Pro and Advanced have similar potentiometer circuit boards, and install with motor post alignment.

NOTE: The gimbal motor on the camera is a fixed motor shaft and cannot be aligned as there is a permanent set screw on the motor shaft

This worked for me and a relatively easy and cheap fix. I think that these circuit boards are very fragile and can go easily after a crash.

Hope this helps and contact me if I can be of assistance.

Ranger003

My fix was to loosen the set screw on the gimbal arm and slide the whole thing down 1mm so that the gimbal arm at the top stopped touching the body of the bird. As it was touching due to the crash the motor vibration was transfered directly to the camera. Solution #2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik