Gimbal servo issues?

Reaction score
So last night was my first time out with my new vision plus. Everything seemed to work fine, but every now and then when tilting the camera down, it would flick a little from side to side.

Today, any time I aim the camera down, whether in flight or when stationary on the ground, the gimbal tilts from side to side, and won't stop. If I aim the camera straight forward, there are no issues whatsoever.

Any help here? Is there something I can do to recalibrate? It apart seems as if the gimbal is trying to calibrate itself but just can't lock into place or something.

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I had some similar problems when I first started up my Phantom 2 + and I rebound (rebind) the camera from the phone and it seemed to fix it....my issue was that the camera was tilted as the Phantom flew and I could not get it to correct this until I landed and rebound the 2.4ghz on the phone. If this does not help then it may be a warranty issue.

Mine sits and swivels whether the phone is connected or not, was yours doing the same? (Also, I'm not sure what you mean by rebinding to the phone. Sorry, total newbie here)

Tried rebinding and running an advance calibration. None of it works..

Now on the app I'm getting "gimbal motor error check for obstructions" any time the camera goes below 90 degrees. Motors grind and the gimbal just swivels from side to side. Incredibly frustrating.

I have the same problem, gimbal motor chatters and get errors at 45° but good it 90 (level) and 180 (down)
tried upgrading firmware, downgrading firmware, looked for calibration option. (Found none) opened a ticket with DJI California, described problem and asked about calibration and other troubleshooting options. After waiting five days, the only reply I got was an RMA to send it back to California for repair. You will love this part, mean time to repair is four weeks! from the date of receiving the unit! will Ship mine out Monday :(

My brand new out the box one does the same thing... It will also sit and shutter/shift left to right... Can't tilt at all... I get a gimbal error on my screen as well... I do see video too...

Mine was never flown, just taken out the box, charged, changed sticker colors to blue...

Waiting for RMA from Drones ETC now...

If only DJI will provide calibration software for the gimball and how to DIY fix gimball issues
then DJI will have lesser problems...

lots of people wants to DIY fix simple calibration issues instead of waiting 1 month for DJI to fix it.

This post I'm about to write may be useless and unrelated.

But what if the gimbal just so happens to be afraid of heights? :lol:

It's like... *looks down* nope, nope, nope.

wartob said:
I have the same problem, gimbal motor chatters and get errors at 45° but good it 90 (level) and 180 (down)
tried upgrading firmware, downgrading firmware, looked for calibration option. (Found none) opened a ticket with DJI California, described problem and asked about calibration and other troubleshooting options. After waiting five days, the only reply I got was an RMA to send it back to California for repair. You will love this part, mean time to repair is four weeks! from the date of receiving the unit! will Ship mine out Monday :(

They make you pay for outbound shipping?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues