GimbaL saver "Killer RC" or "Phantom fix 2"

Sorry, but what you are saying is total BS. My bird hit a small branch and tumbled to the ground with an impact so hard that the gimbal platform rubber bungee was stressed so hard that a small backup nylon zip-tie snapped. No other damage except for a chewed up prop. The gimbal clearly would have flown apart if not for the Phantom Fix 2 brace I had in place. My PV2+ was ready to fly with a new prop (and replacement zip-tie) and required no servicing. So you should quit making sweeping claims that are untrue. Does it help in every situation? Of course not. It isn't meant to be a humvee bumper. Did it save my PV2+v2 gimbal? You bet your *** it did.

According to you, you don't have a P2V+ V3 so your comment doesn't even apply to this conversation. And you have no clue if the gimbal would have separated without your "protector".

There's that DJI accent again, claiming "If you have a crash where the gimbal protection device actually stops the separation, you are STILL GOING TO HAVE DAMAGE AND REQUIRE A REPAIR."

Again, that's total BS from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. I repeat.. My P2V+_v2 hit a tree branch and tumbled to the ground with enough force that snapped one of the gimbal bushing zip-ties -- which would have CLEARLY cause the gimbal to separate and tear the ribbon. Well, it didn't because I had a cheap $22 Phantom Fix 2 brace in place and I did not require any repair other than replacing the little snapped zip-tie with a new one. To claim otherwise is just a sign of ignorance, but if anyone wants to believe what Jstic is stating, hey best of luck to you.

No, you do not need gimbal protectors. Fly carefully and avoid obstacles. A successful flight depends on the pilot. When you are confident with your new Phantom, take to the air using common sense and you will find you have no need of additional accessories.
Yes, you do need gimbal protectors because eve the best of us do dumb things sometimes. like clipping a tree.

Reactions: MapMaker53
For whats it worth and if you are paranoid and insecure, I'd say yes.
$800 phone, $1 for screen saver protector and $5 for case to minimise the chance of damaging or cracking the screen - worth it.
$1500 quad, $20 for the gimbal guard - worth it.
If the gimbal inertia guard was $200 then I may re-consider.

I know the P3 and P2VP V3 have the revised design. But at the end of the day, its still friction held (larger surface area). I have tried pulling apart the V3 and it is held quite well. But with murphy's law, I've seen on this forum where the P3 camera module has "popped" out and torn the flex ribbon cable in a crash.

Reactions: MapMaker53
And just to add.. I haven't had the need to check gimbal ribbon availability (maybe it's easier to purchase one now than in the past) but I'd rather not replace one if I can avoid it because my understanding is that the ribbon can be difficult to replace if you haven't done it.

Great analogy regarding the phone, screen saver, and case Mako79. Be careful and you won't drop it, but we all know how that goes. It all boils down to how much of a gambler a person is.

Last edited:
I made my own

20150408_164012.jpg

After I made this I made 10 more and tried to sell them on ebay.
Some lookers but no buyers.
People are funny. They would rather spend 50 bucks than 15 for something that will do the same job. I do admit the 50 dollar saver looks a lot nicer than my 15 dollar saver. 35 bucks for looks - go figure haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31