Gimbal saver? Any one better than another?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding one just in case. Does anyone have a recommendation on which(brand) to buy? Do they add weight or do they adversely affect the gimbal? Thanks and Happy 4th!!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435999184.185029.jpg

If you're referring to a gimbal saver (device designed to attach to the gimbal to try to prevent separation and damage to the ribbon cable), I found the PhantomFix 3 to be an inexpensive solution. It doesn't adversely affect the gimbal at all and was easy to install.

Some people are also looking for a gimbal protector (device designed to protect the gimbal from being hit during a fall). I also utilize this type of protection, specifically the UAVBits Camera Support. It's lightweight and may protect the gimbal in case of a crash but also gives some extra stability to the legs.

Thankfully, I've never had a crash but these two little mods do give me a bit more peace of mind.

Chris

Its good but not saving the gimbal from broken main holder neck when hit the ground from more than 3 meters,
Not even protect the ribbon cable from the trees sticks if you fall down on top of trees,
Plus its 50 $ ,
My self prefer the carbon plate protector , it could save the gimbal from falling down or trees sticks ,
I donno thats my opinion?
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31