Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal saver? Any one better than another?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by SinjinSix, Jul 4, 2015.

1. SinjinSix

I'm thinking of adding one just in case. Does anyone have a recommendation on which(brand) to buy? Do they add weight or do they adversely affect the gimbal? Thanks and Happy 4th!!

2. omarkatwe

3. SinjinSix

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

5. DrChris

If you're referring to a gimbal saver (device designed to attach to the gimbal to try to prevent separation and damage to the ribbon cable), I found the PhantomFix 3 to be an inexpensive solution. It doesn't adversely affect the gimbal at all and was easy to install.

Some people are also looking for a gimbal protector (device designed to protect the gimbal from being hit during a fall). I also utilize this type of protection, specifically the UAVBits Camera Support. It's lightweight and may protect the gimbal in case of a crash but also gives some extra stability to the legs.

Thankfully, I've never had a crash but these two little mods do give me a bit more peace of mind.

Chris

6. omarkatwe

Its good but not saving the gimbal from broken main holder neck when hit the ground from more than 3 meters,
    Not even protect the ribbon cable from the trees sticks if you fall down on top of trees,
    Plus its 50 $ ,
    My self prefer the carbon plate protector , it could save the gimbal from falling down or trees sticks ,
    I donno thats my opinion?
    Cheers

7. C0ps

8. denodan