"Gimbal roll reached movement limit"

Reaction score
Pilots,

I was powering up today and got
76bd191f92379696c738d53a09b34341.jpg
an error that reads "Gimbal roll reached movement limit" (see photo attached) and now the gimbal will not roll down. If I press the C1 button camera will face downwards, but it will not roll using the wheel.

No accidents, no but I did get a warning to calibrate the sticks on the controller. I've tried calibrating the gimbal and calibrating the compass.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bud

Update! I was able to get the gimbal to pitch down but only by barely moving the scroll wheel. See video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had a situation several weeks back that was almost identical to yours. For whatever reason, the controller needed calibrating again. I actually had to contact DJI, because the first calibration did NOT resolve my issue. I was told that I may need to calibrate it more than once in order to resolve the issue. At first, I thought that the rep was full of bull. However, if my memory serves me correct, I had to run through the calibration 5 or 6 times before the calibration finally resolved the issue!

I had a situation several weeks back that was almost identical to yours. For whatever reason, the controller needed calibrating again. I actually had to contact DJI, because the first calibration did NOT resolve my issue. I was told that I may need to calibrate it more than once in order to resolve the issue. At first, I thought that the rep was full of bull. However, if my memory serves me correct, I had to run through the calibration 5 or 6 times before the calibration finally resolved the issue!
Thanks...I'll try calibrating the controller again. However, I'm sure I'm doing it correctly. It just says to move the sticks around but doesn't really say which direction, how many times, etc.

You need to move the sticks FULL up, down, left & right. It may not be necessary, but I do this 4 or 5 times as I view the response on the PC monitor.

However, there is one other step. If you look closely, you will see that the Gimbal Dial is to be rotated FULL left & right. This is where I had an issue a few weeks back. As I viewed the PC monitor while calibrating the gimbal dial, I noticed the blue highlight did NOT travel fully to the left. The right gimbal travel was acceptable. Anyway, once the gimbal dial started responding properly, everything was OK again ..................... it just took several attempts.

While I am no expert, I think you have to calibrate the sticks AND the gimbal dial to have a successful calibration!

This youtube video should help:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That did the trick. Thank you. My previous comment should have read "I'm sure I'm NOT doing it correctly." It's not the most intuitive procedure.

Glad that worked for you!

Out of curiosity, did you need to calibrate the controller more than once for everything to return to normal OR was once enough??

I had to do it twice, but only because I didn't do it correctly the first time. I wasn't turning the wheel on the left side that controls the gimbal roll.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31