Gimbal roll - can I get that "feeling of flying"?

Reaction score
Hi folks...

On a previous multirotor I built, I was able to tell the gimbal to "pan" (not the most intuitive word) with the roll of the multirotor. In other words, the gimbal would roll WITH the airframe (while still stabilizing/smoothing the roll).

This way I could create that "feeling of flying", as the video would roll smoothly left/right in left/right turns.

Is there a way to do that with the Phantom 3's gimbal?

Thanks...

--

Bill

Someone mentioned putting it into FPV mode to make it seem like you are in the pilot's seat.

Just where in GO that is I don't know. Not near it now.

Someone mentioned putting it into FPV mode to make it seem like you are in the pilot's seat.

Just where in GO that is I don't know. Not near it now.

I think "FPV" locks the YAW to the airframe's direction, while the other selection (ughhh...can't think of it), let's the gimbal smooth out yaw more.

Anyway, it's the roll I wanna configure, "banking" left/right

I think "FPV" locks the YAW to the airframe's direction, while the other selection (ughhh...can't think of it), let's the gimbal smooth out yaw more.

Anyway, it's the roll I wanna configure, "banking" left/right
Yep, I think it's in the camera settings FVP to lock the gimble and Follow to follow the horizon

Don't confuse FPV mode with FPV gimbal mode.

I don't use GO, but in Litchi, you can set the gimbal mode. I believe it's under the AIRCRAFT heading after you click on the little gear in the upper right. It's towards the bottom. The default gimbal mode keeps the camera level with the horizon and is what we see in 99% of the videos posted. The FPV gimbal mode is supposed to lock the gimbal (at least somewhat) to help achieve the feeling that you're in the cockpit. I actually haven't tested this yet, except in my P2V where the gimbal is already locked side to side.

The second half of the below video is an excellent example of how it works:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hmmm....I didn't think my gimbal did that when in FPV mode...I'll try it today and see.

Oh - here's another vid I happened across

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan