Gimbal resets, but i've had vid and initial calibration

Reaction score
Hi folks,

P3P 1.5 (ish) firmware. I cant remember right now what fw it is

First up, some history with this drone. It's a typical case of a technically-minded person looking for something cheap on an auction site and picking up a bargain. A drone arrived in almost new condition but I notice straight away it's an early model. With the box I have a gimbal in pieces and I set about seeing if the thing will fly.

It flies. And well and without issue.

Gimbal time and the reason for this post.

I have an issue with it and I can't feasibly claim on warranty (I think) so I wanted a project to work on and get it back up and running properly. Problem is that I ran out of talent when I realised that I couldn't make the gimbal keep 'on'.

As a car-kinda-guy it is so important to keep notes of what's been done at every step as you reach to conclusion. On this occasion I missed the mark. Everything from now is up to interpretation.

The key thing that is apparrant is that the gimbal resets itself after power-on. I should add that also when I power on the drone it shows the LEDs green as normal but also shows a red led for the power. This I don't know if normal.

When powering on the drone the gimbal has a flashing green light. Remember that I have had video feed before now...though at what stage this failed is up to interpretation. Also now remember that I have had it do it's initial startup in the past but again this is lost somewhere,

Because it is constantly booting I'm stuffed on getting the firmware added. I think that the firmware is the cause of the long term issue.
I have a dodgy connection on the camera ribbon. I cannot measure it but I think it is dodgy.

My Question:
Being as technical as you like, can you relate to what has happened. At present I have a gimbal that starts, does not do it's check.

It will respond to gimbal calibration but not complete it

It shows hallmarks in a software sense that something is obstructing it, though this doesn't happen

It shows software hallmarks of a firmware that is incorrect for the gimbal but I can't restore to factory using normal means

I need

A means to restore to factory

A wizard - as in, I actually need merlin.

I have videos (for some reason) to confirm that it is working and I dont believe that anything has been burnt out. At best I think a new camera board is required but even that I'm not convinced.

I like telnet for other applications. To explain my level with telnet I can and have repaired HDD's with telnet or the equiv on Linux. Tech isn't and issue, knowledge is.

So please don't ask me to throw in the towel because that is such a kop-out answer and i've seen it everywhere throughout the net with the Phantom 3 and 4. I've seen some beautiful threads on the P2, P3 and P4 and I need your help so badly. For me at least it's a classic case of tech minded but without any money in the world at all. To make this work, would be a god-send as it would help me and my folks in the remote part of the world I live in.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
Some specs while I think of it:

RC firmware is current.

Battery and Drone are running 1.5 or there abouts

Oh and while I know other threads around the net don't do a 'Fixed it, here's how it was done'.....this isn't going to be the vein in this thread so when I work something out, I'll be posting here. If I dont, I'll be posting to say 'this didn't work'

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl