Gimbal Quick Release

I am wandering the same thing. I am planning on going this route, as it's cheaper than buying another Phantom with FPV to use the GoPro I have.

LostAngel said:
I am wandering the same thing. I am planning on going this route, as it's cheaper than buying another Phantom with FPV to use the GoPro I have.

How important is videos vs stills? I know the v+ camera stills are beyter than gopro. If you are 90 percent footage like i am you can always do a vision plus with zenmuse h33d conversion that utilize the dji app and can save you 400 bucks from the droneexpert hot swap.
Its a 100 percent reversible.
You just need a $10 15cm zenmuse cable and know how to remove the top shell. Everything is plug and play and no soldering.
I sold my vision plus camera for $400 which funded for my h33d and go pro.

It behaves no different than the de method ecxept is not hot swap.

I decided to purchase the Quickrelease system. Received the QR and still waiting on the H4-3D to arrive.

Jut received my QR and flew the h3-3d\gopro 4 black on it today. Everything works great. You need to balance the h33d though. The gopro 4 is heavier than the 3 or 3+

Kag49601 said:
Jut received my QR and flew the h3-3d\gopro 4 black on it today. Everything works great. You need to balance the h33d though. The gopro 4 is heavier than the 3 or 3+

Thanks for the info. Looks pretty straight forward. Can't wait to get into it.

So here is a suggestion if you plan to remount the compass with the DroneXperts relocating bracket... Make sure to mount the compass in the same direction as it was mounted before. I had all sorts of drifting issues today after first relocating the compass. Then realized that I had it mounted incorrectly. Also just an update on the "slight jello". I replaced the dampers with the hard white "balls" and the jello is gone. I was flying in about 15mph winds and did notice the gimbal had a few glitches when tilting the bird left or right. I'm 95% sure this was due to balance with the hero 4, so I re-arranged the coins I used for weight. I notice now that after the gimbal initialized that there is less servo "noise" coming from the gimbal. My guess is the servos were working harder than designed and the wind pushed it over the edge. Moral of the story is balance the gimbal with the hero 4 even if you don't think it needs it. This will probably save you from having to replacing the gimbal prematurely. Anyway the recording today was at 2.7k@60fps and absolutely no jello. Hope this helps!

Did you have to use the leg extensions causing you to remount the compass? Can you make the change without extensions or screwing with the compass?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic