Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal Question

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Jdgresham, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Jdgresham

I just sent this inquiry to DJI and wondered if anyone here had experienced the same behavior?

I just purchased a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ and have a question. I’ve noticed that if I turn the battery off and then immediately on again, that the gimbal does not respond. If I leave the battery turned off or remove it for a short time (5 minutes or less), then the gimbal functions normally. Is this expected behavior?

2. amkorp

It is not normal behaviour. The gimbal should be responsive even after you turn the unit back on right after turning it off. Defect for sure.

3. Mori55

Don't you have to wait for phantom app connection to reintialize ? I know if I shut my phantom off the gimbal doesn't work untill the app "sees" it. Shutting it off breaks the connection.

4. Dirty Bird

This reminds me of a joke where a guy goes to the doctors office. He tells the doctor, "Doc, every time I stand on one leg, jump, and squeeze my testicles it hurts. What do you think?"

The doctor stares at him and replies, "Don't do that!" ;)