Gimbal protector?

Reaction score
Hey all

Just got this in the mail and to be honest i don't really understand how is it any different from whatever is already on there behind the camera? :))

Attachments

• 1454505298710.jpg
    1454505298710.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 392
The difference is it contains an extra part that wraps around the gimbal to hold it together.

Reactions: t2adze
You would have to ask the seller for instructions if needed.

Here's what I'd do:

- Remove the back plate on your gimbal.
- Install the new back plate with the screws from the old back plate.
- Attach the extra support with the two screws from the package.

Reactions: t2adze
After assembling the pieces check that motor movements are smooth as before. This is to ensure that wrapping parts do not touch moving parts.

Can I ask what the general consensus is on these? I've seen a number of them by different manufacturers but do they help at all? Do you have one on your P3? If so why/why not?

Thanks

In most cases, this should prevent the gimbal from separating if you crash. Since the gimbal will stay together, the idea is that the gimbal ribbon cable should survive too. I've seen many gimbals fall apart. I don't recall seeing any separate when one of these was installed.

Can I ask what the general consensus is on these? I've seen a number of them by different manufacturers but do they help at all? Do you have one on your P3? If so why/why not?

Thanks

Its a seatbelt for your gimbal. Helps protect the flex cable and camera from separating.

Thanks

I may be in the minority but I have keep my P3P stock. I feel that in a crash the parts will break anyway...better to keep the weight down and fly the way it was built. I also stopped having phone cases and screen protectors around 2010...when I saw a video of someone raking an iPhone screen with car keys....naked phones are much more enjoyable!

The joint that piece goes around is pinned to the shaft, so in order for it to help the shaft would have to slip around the outside of the motor...then it maybe permanently touching the side arm. It might keep the camera from detaching in a crash but it will still be messed up....

It might keep the camera from detaching in a crash but it will still be messed up....
The camera could certainly be destroyed if it receives a direct hit. However, if the gimbal separates due to the force of the impact, it will be held together in most cases if one of these is installed.

Crashed a P2V+ that I had installed one on. The camera didn't separate instead the impact pushed the protector up and bent the round part of the bracket that the gimbal motor sits in. I think I'd rather of just had the camera separate.

Reactions: TheRealNick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers