Gimbal problems

Reaction score
Hi looking for a bit of help. My camera shakes erratically, I know this has been discussed a lot. I have lined up my gimbal as per all the videos online, and still my camera shakes about. Does anyone know what else could cause this. I am now at a loss and put a lit of hours in trying to fix this.

1479392044909.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can you post some video of what it's doing? If it's a shaky picture, post a video from the drones camera. If the gimbal is going crazy, take an external video with your cell phone.

It looks like you installed and aligned the roll assembly correctly, so Im thinking its a bad roll motor circuit board. What did you repair on this gimbal? And was it after a crash?

I have replaced the ribbon, so had the gimbal apart to install the ribbon. I also noticed one of the wires from the drone to the camera gimbal had come out of the connector block, so I bought a whole new set of cables for the gimbal. I have also bought a complete camera gimbal that was advertised as faulty (broken ribbon and a broken motor shaft) in a hope that i could use it as a donor for its working parts. Although i put everything back the way i stripped it, I am left wondering if it has went back together slightly different, although i doubt it. Or whether ther is something else i need to replace?

Did you use an OEM replacement ribbon cable? If so, you can start by taking the gimbal roll board out of the "faulty" gimbal you bought and switching it with yours. Hopfeully you will have a "presto" moment where your gimbal is as solid as a rock again.

No im afraid i didn't't buy an OEM ribbon. That is maybe my down fall. I also tried the ribbon that came with the donor camera, and it is the same. But i suppose I cannot guarantee that is OEM either. I will try swapping the gimbal roll board as you suggest and post the results.

Thats what I would do, and then if it still does the gimbal dance using your new cable, then try the donor cable. If the gimbal still dances, then you can try an OEM cable.

Tried swapping over the roll board and still the same results. Also same results with the donor ribbon, so as you suggested, will look for a new OEM ribbon. Do you know of a good site I can order a ribbon mate. Thanks for your support Rideswings, i will post up the results when it arrives.

There are a bunch of places in the USA i can recommend such as Dronenerds, Bhphoto, Adorama, but not sure about in Scotland.

Is the replacement gimbal and new cable you bought for the P2? I just noticed that youre repairing a P2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic