Gimbal Problem

Yep that needs to be completely disassembled and straitened. If you try to straighten it in place you will break something and and cause serious problems. More than likely its binding when you go past a certain amount of roll and it powers down. If you continue to allow it to bind you will burn up the motor controller or the main board. I have repaired 200+? this year alone.

Jeremy
Yeah, i notice how it does it when it touches the other piece, altought it has been doing it when it is in straight position also, i am going to try and straighten it this weekend because there is no one that can fix it in my country, at least that i know of

I don't think the motors of the gimbal are powerful enough to bend the frame.
I've turned my P2V+ on several times with the protector on; it has caused no issues.
(I finally made a large "Remove before flight" red tag to attach to the protector.)

I don't think the motors of the gimbal are powerful enough to bend the frame.
I've turned my P2V+ on several times with the protector on; it has caused no issues.
(I finally made a large "Remove before flight" red tag to attach to the protector.)
Well then the little brat is lying to me, but then again, it is half his so can't really do anything but fix it asap, because I have to film some gokarts pro racing next month

Yep that needs to be completely disassembled and straitened. If you try to straighten it in place you will break something and and cause serious problems. More than likely its binding when you go past a certain amount of roll and it powers down. If you continue to allow it to bind you will burn up the motor controller or the main board. I have repaired 200+? this year alone.

Jeremy
Hey Jeremy, could you tell me how to straighten it, do y do it just with some pliers, or do I need to heat it first or is there a safer way. Please help.

Hey Jeremy, could you tell me how to straighten it, do y do it just with some pliers, or do I need to heat it first or is there a safer way. Please help.
I have a machinist vice with soft jaws and I have crescent wrenches with soft jaws to bend and twist. No heat is needed on the aluminum, but if you straighten the motor shafts they must be annealed or cherry red when bending them or they will break.

I have a machinist vice with soft jaws and I have crescent wrenches with soft jaws to bend and twist. No heat is needed on the aluminum, but if you straighten the motor shafts they must be annealed or cherry red when bending them or they will break.
Yeah, i decided to return it and get a refund, still thinking if I will buy another phanton 2 vision+ or other drone. thanks for your help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers