Gimbal power?

Reaction score
Ok. I crashed. Replaced ribbon cable. Now i have NO movement in the gimbal. I assume the plug with the 8 wires bring the power to the gimbal right? It doesnt look damaged. Should i replace it anyway?

Not an expert but I am working thru the same problem.
Do you have any error messages??
Like "gimbal gyroscope error"
Does it fly OK?

I didnt even connect to DJI go app. The gimbal just flops limp when powered on.

Ok, well try connecting and see what you get.

Hi guys. I have the exact same problem. So I was cruising down the road at top speed outside line of sight when a tree branch reached out and *****-slapped me P3. I ran down the road to find my quad in the ditch minus a camera. After a quick search, I found the camera 5 yards off in a driveway. One of the gimbal arms and the ribbon cable were dead.

I found a repair kit with gimbal arms and ribbon on amazon. I took the gimbal apart and replaced both arms and ribbon cable (only needed to replace one but I had it apart so..). It was a little hectic at first but I got through it. I turned it on, linked it up to my phone, and started fiddling. I got a good image from the camera and the drone started right up but I have been unable to get ANY movement out of the gimbal! There was a warning or error or something but I can't remember what it said. I took it apart 2 more times now to make sure I had all ribbon cables properly seated (yes, this includes the 2 gimbal motor ribbons as well) with no luck. I don't even get the gimbal happy dance upon start-up!

Please, can anyone help???? How can I fix my baby!?

Hi guys. I have the exact same problem. So I was cruising down the road at top speed outside line of sight when a tree branch reached out and *****-slapped me P3. I ran down the road to find my quad in the ditch minus a camera. After a quick search, I found the camera 5 yards off in a driveway. One of the gimbal arms and the ribbon cable were dead.

I found a repair kit with gimbal arms and ribbon on amazon. I took the gimbal apart and replaced both arms and ribbon cable (only needed to replace one but I had it apart so..). It was a little hectic at first but I got through it. I turned it on, linked it up to my phone, and started fiddling. I got a good image from the camera and the drone started right up but I have been unable to get ANY movement out of the gimbal! There was a warning or error or something but I can't remember what it said. I took it apart 2 more times now to make sure I had all ribbon cables properly seated (yes, this includes the 2 gimbal motor ribbons as well) with no luck. I don't even get the gimbal happy dance upon start-up!

Please, can anyone help???? How can I fix my baby!?

Same problem here. So can't help much. But here is where I am at.
I swapped out the gimbal/camera from a borrowed known good and everything was fine. So I know I can fix it for $200 plus.

With my bad gimbal/camera installed I get a gimbal gyroscope error. You should turn everything on and see if you get an error on DJI GO.

My understanding is that the gimbal gyroscope is 2 parts. One in the actual camera and one on top of gimbal. So I may have a bad PC board.
Unfortunately I gave the other camera/gimbal back to its owner.

So that's where I am at.

Good luck
Bill

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik